Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Choice

Hard Choice

I am going to Afghanistan in January. There is this girl I have been interested in for a while. We hang, go to lunch and talk a good bit. My concern is: should I get involved with her before I leave for 16 months? I don't want to pass up a good thing, but I also don't want potential problems in my future. I am only asking this here because I have had some of you give some sound advice in the past.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

16 months isn't such a long time. and you should do what your instincts tell you not what your logic tells you.

if she has the same interest in you, then she'll be there down the road. i'd say let her know how you feel and take it from there.

But then if you ask her out and find out stuff that you might not like about her, then you always have an "out". Being friends is one thing, getting involved romantically with that friend takes you to a whole other ball park.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Go for it, what do you have to lose? And if you dont, im sure you'll be kicking yourself about it, or at least thinking "could of, would of, should of" when youre away.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    Go for it, what do you have to lose? And if you dont, im sure you'll be kicking yourself about it, or at least thinking "could of, would of, should of" when youre away.
    I'm with kool-aid killer. Go for it,if she likes you and will wait 16 months,great. If not,at least you took the chance and wont have those what ifs later on in life.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Potential problems in the future? You are about to realize a possible life and death situation. Anything you do now will probably pale in intensity and comparison. I say go for it! Enjoy any relationship you can. It will give you some good things to think about over there, and possible correspondence. After dealing with whatever you encounter, I'm sure you can make a mature enough decision to end the relationship if you want. Do it. BTW, your Cat avatar is a hoot!

You should definitely take that step, better to have a good thing interrupted than to wonder what could have been for 16 months and then come back to find out you missed your shot. Better to risk regretting the things you HAVE done than regretting the things you haven't.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Better to risk regretting the things you HAVE done than regretting the things you haven't.
    Absolutely, I could not agree more with this...well said, JT.

Besides, even with this attitude, you'll often find that the thing you end up "doing" (whatever you do in life, not just with romance) might not even be regrettable. It certainly might not go your way but that doesn't mean it's automatically regrettable.

Take a chance, you only get so many.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I've got orders to go to Japan in March for 3 years and I'm trying to avoid hooking up with anyone because: a) I don't wanna have to leave someone 2) I don't wanna do long distance relationships and c) chicks hate me so I have nothing to worry about.

I say go for it. It's not that long a period of time and like someone stated above if she's still there then she's a keeper.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!