Sideshow's Rewards Program

OK - Let's start off by getting it out that this is a good program. Anything that allows you to rack up credit for free stuff is good. I would be equally happy if they just knocked 3 or 4 dollars off the price of each qualifying item. But it's 6 or a half-dozen.

That being said. They are already stacking the deck in their favor by not crediting rewards points used to buy an item back to your account if that item is returned for a refund. That could be a little cheesy. But that is easy enough to get around simply by only using the points for items you wouldn't return for a refund. Like for me it would be handy for Darth Maul. Once I get him...other than exchanging things that might be broken, I am keeping him for sure...no second guessing.

The really nice thing...I already have enogh points accrued to get nearly two free Star Wars figures at their current prices. Of course all of those points are still pending.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I always order my Sideshow items (but not ALL) from secondary etailers for cheaper. At the rate I save, I can still order extra figures/items and still have money left over.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I did notice though, that the retro rewards part of the program reflects purchases from May 1st on, and Anakin SDCC was April 28th. That's too bad, but at least they are allowing other preorders and pending orders to qualify. Noticed my Darth Maul didn't qualify because I used a $5 coupon. (woulve saved 4 bucks with rewards, vs 5 dollars with coupon).
    That was a smart move for Sideshow, as I I'm sure there would have been outrage with people commited to several hundresds of dollars in preorders for them not to be honored.
    Thanks Sideshow!

It's a good idea, but I fear it's just going to tack on a higher upfront price to offset it, look at Asajj Ventress, that figure is $60 when Luke was $50 and Luke had more accessories, more clothes, a bigger body, and a screen-accurate head that Asajj doesn't require.

And what the hell? I paid for and received 3 or 4 figures after May 1st but have no credits for them. Is this because I preordered them before May? If so, there's no mention of that in their FAQ on it that I can see.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have been watching this closely. And it DOES seem that the prices have come up a little. Noticeably. But I am happy to say that my next pre-order will be compliments of the program. I now have enough points available to get a figure even if it is a 59.99 one like Plo Koon. I may even look into cancelling an existing pre-order if that particular figure has not sold out (not likely), and re-order it with the points.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Yeah, prices are on the rise, and to be honest, I think the rewards program is a flop, I haven't used it once because it's such a pain to wait it out, and they shorted me on several rewards from items I received within the grandfathered time period.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, prices are on the rise, and to be honest, I think the rewards program is a flop, I haven't used it once because it's such a pain to wait it out, and they shorted me on several rewards from items I received within the grandfathered time period.
    I had the same issue with getting shorted points for 2 regular Jabbas and 2 regular Probe droid sets that I ordered. I called Sideshow and they squared it away for me.

I have not used it yet either as I was waiting to get enough to cover the entire cost of a figure (except tax and shipping, of course). But I am there now. So I got familiar with the process so i can use them on a priority pre-order.

Whoa, 2 Jabbas points missing? That's a LOT of points to miss out on! I might call and point out the missing points on my orders then if your experience wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Whoa, 2 Jabbas points missing? That's a LOT of points to miss out on! I might call and point out the missing points on my orders then if your experience wasn't too bad.
    Yeah...it was a total of 290 points. And they were Sideshow's normal, friendly, helpful selves straightening it out for me. Let me know how it works out in your case.