Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Never underestimate the power of stupid parents looking for a deal

Wednesday night, I stopped at two Target stores on the way to my mother-in-law's. One of them had about 4,876,927.3 of those fugly "Han"/"Chewie" "Transformers." (I use quotes because I don't consider any of those to be truly accurate. It's just two turds that combine into a bigger turd. This is so serious, I can't even use the standard SSG joke and spell it "terd.")

That was the Target with fewer of these wastes of plastic.

Target had a Black Friday ad with these turds for $15. (Personally, I wouldn't take one if they gave me $15.) Mrs Chuxter informed me that one of the idiots on Good Morning America or some other stupid but popular show demonstrated these turds on the show, without getting poop on his hands, and--evidently under the control of an Al Qaeda mind control device so that they could wreck our economy by getting people to pay money for poop--actually described it as "cool."

By noon today, every Target seems to have totally sold out of these.

On the one hand, we should mourn the stupidity of those who bought them. They are wasting our valuable oxygen.

On the other hand, we don't have to look at these cow-patties-in-a-box for months to come. Well, at Target, at least.

However, this is going to send a message to Hasbro that people want this doodoo. And so, we'll see more and more stupid pieces of crap, which Hasbro will try to justify as they continue to deny us of high-demand figures like Yarna d'al Gargan and Hermi Odle.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Have you seen the commercial on TV for the TF Falcon and Boba Fett? It is worse than the toy itself.

I was wondering why Target was stacking those things to the rafters until I heard about the Black Friday deal. If you think about it, it is pure genius by Target. By calling it a "Black Friday Special", it made parents think people actually want them. And, they probably saved themselves a fortune on those red clearance stickers.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

i'm just glad the shelves have been emptied by all the idiots out there that did shop yesterday. maybe now i'll be able to find some new product rather than looking at the same displays since june.

Yet not an Imperial Shuttle in sight....
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    I was wondering why Target was stacking those things to the rafters until I heard about the Black Friday deal. If you think about it, it is pure genius by Target. By calling it a "Black Friday Special", it made parents think people actually want them. And, they probably saved themselves a fortune on those red clearance stickers.
    This is true.

How many little kids are going to be so excited to open that one box from Santa, then say about this the same thing Luke said when he first saw the Falcon?

If you need a reminder: "What a piece of junk!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Don't worry, Yarna will get made - maybe as a transformer that becomes the Sail Barge! She's perfect with those large.....sails. >_>
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

No. Seriously, this gave me an idea.

YouTube can empower us as fans. Isn't it true that MySpace will feature YouTube videos with the most hits? That's how Chad Vader rose to prominence, right?

How about really, good quality Fan Made Commercials advertising how cool the Lushros Dofine action figure is? Maybe make him battle the Wookiee Warrior in the commercial or something (Put to John Williams' Battle of the Heroes or something). Then we keep giving that commercial hits so that eventually parents will see it and they swoop down on the stores and buy Greatest Battles of Episode 3 figures, Heroes & Villains, and Lushros.

They'll think those figures are cool if we present them right.

Then the pegs will be free again!

I have a script idea:

"NEW FROM HASBRO:

The mighty Wookiee Warrior swoops down from the trees to defend his jungle homeworld from the onslaught of Warlord Lushros Dofine!"

"His battle is charged by the support of Ki-Adi Mundi, transmitted by hologram!"

"The Wookiee's prowess is so incredible, that Senator Amidala is going to have his baby!"

"But look! Poggle the Lesser and Sun Fac are here to try and stop them!"

"What will happen next? The adventure is up to you!"

"Star Wars action figures from this wide variety are now on sale this weekend only at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us stores near you!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If it makes you feel any better, Chux, I was at a Target today that still had an entire end cap of Han/Chewie Transformers. There had to be a couple dozen.

Both Walmarts I went to had plenty of Han Chewie TFs as well. Of course, none of them had the Endor Luke/Endor Rebel troopers I was looking for.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

At least they are gone...but the sad part as Chux pointed out,Hasbro is going to think people like these. I feel sorry for all the kids expecting cool toys and getting these POS under the tree. Santa is going to have some death threats ;-)
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Wal-Mart had a bunch of some sort of Transformers up front. I think it may have been this one. Still no new basic figures there though and I couldn't find any tin sets. Still looking for V, VI and the Cantina Band.

Target doesn't appear to have gotten anything new, but they didn't have as much as Wal-Mart. A woman was there looking at the Star Wars stuff and reading from her list. She said "Clone Trooper with T Fighter Jet" or something. I pointed out a 501st trooper to her, but wasn't sure about what T Fighter Jet meant. Probably a TIE fighter, but none in scale with the figures there. I don't know what all the Transformers are, so maybe it was one of those instead.