Hannibal - the best of all 3 Lecter movies!

I've seen a lot of dissing Hannibal in the other Lechter threads around here.

This movie was the ultimate Hannibal unleashed film and it showcased Hannibal, not Buffalo Bill or the Toothe Fairy, but rather the man of the hour!

There is such class in making a guy eat his own brains! That was awesome!

Also, how he gutted and hung the police inspector was great, tying it in with the history of the guys' family, Judas, and all of that.

Anthony Hopkins is incredible and I loved Julliane Moore as Starling - especially in that evening dress she wore at the end.

The quick killings of the bounty hunter and the stabbing of the pick-pocket "you know where" was classic.

And I can't believe Hannibal cut off his own hand, rather than harm Clarice - but it so helps to develop his character even more if that's possible.

This movie is the best of them all.

I really want to know how folks can be so critical of it?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like it. Gary Oldman as Mason Verger cracks me up.

"Bowels in or bowels out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I like it. Gary Oldman as Mason Verger cracks me up.

"Bowels in or bowels out?"
    BEST part of Goldman's performance is when he calls that guy a "c--- sucker" over the phone. Man, i was at work when i saw that (i worked at a video store) and i had that playing behind the counter and i kept rewinding it. Hysterical.

I must say that I love "Hannibal" but "Silence of the Lambs" still takes the cake for me. It's so suspenseful and i love Lecter and his slippery escape out of that cell.

and the movie version of "Hannibal" would've been a bit better had they followed the book, ESPECIALLY the ending.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post

and the movie version of "Hannibal" would've been a bit better had they followed the book, ESPECIALLY the ending.
    For those of us who didn't read the book, please elabortate.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    For those of us who didn't read the book, please elabortate.
    alright, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

The novel ends with Hannibal and Clarice actually getting together; they end up sharing Krendler's brain (in the novel, he keeps Starling for months trying to brainwash her into believing she's his sister, but eventually kidnaps Krendler, etc). The novel breaks off to I believe an opera house in Buenos Aires and Barney, the old orderly friend, is traveling. And in fact, in the novel, you learn more about Barney and Hannibal and how they were actually close friends. Lecter helped Barney get his college degree and in fact, Lecter told Barney he would never come after him if he were to esape, but i digress. He sees Clarice and Hannibal hand in hand/arm in arm, etc, at an opera house. Hannibal notices him and waves a friendly hello to him. Barney, kinda shaken up, leaves immediately. So, she is able to tame Hannibal and the two live in Argentina. Adorable, eh?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Boy I'd say that's a bit of a different ending. But Hannibal definitely did lend Clarice a hand

Were those wild boar things CGI or were they real animals? What the heck were they? They looked like something just post-Jurassic Park? (the paleontology era, not the movies).

my fave Mason Verger line was "seemed like a good idea at the time."

Agreed with JMG though - Lambs is King.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    my fave Mason Verger line was "seemed like a good idea at the time."

That was classic. I totally didn't know that was Gary Oldman until I read the credits. He was great! What a character they brought into it!