Hybrid View

Lightsabres agian

I tried to post a picture of some lightsabres that I did in a thread a while ago but had no luck. So I'm giving it another try. I hope this works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I think I got it as a zip file. Please let me know if it worked and how you like them.

well the file works
    although the picture is preety small I can still see all the fine details - looks pretty cool actualy

I will try and put up another one bigger.

Thumbs up

Very cool. What did you make them from? Sword toothpicks? I really like the one made from Tarpals weapon. Very cool, indeed.

Stardog24, I used clear rods that I got from Plastruct.com. They have just about anything you would want. I used the 1/16 size clear rod. You will have to order at least $10.00 before they will ship to you. I didn't mind,it gave me a lot to work with and count for mess ups. I think it was a total of 80 rods all together. I would find anything I like for the handles and drill a hole in it for the blade. Then I got the some glass paint which you can get very cheap at Wal-Mart in the craft section. I use a old tube that some beads came in to put the paint in and then I would dip the clear rod into it and then just let the excess drip off. I would let the rod dry for about an hour before I would glue it to the handle. I also use a very fine grit sand paper ot round off the tip[do this before you paint] I don't know if you can tell in the pictures , but some of the handles are metal that I shaped with my dremmel tool. A very good tool to have if you are into customs.

As with anything to do with customs it just takes time finding out what works for you. My first few were junk. The hardest part will be getting the painting of the rods down. After that the handles are a snap.If there is anything I can do just ask and I will try to help. And thanks, I like them to.

You should also check your local arts & crafts stores if they have Plastruct in stock. I've seen them stocked by Pearl Craft stores here in my area.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster