that people often fault SW comics for. But, it does
    not do much to really stand on its own. Grade: C
    This is just there.

Onslaught Reborn:
    What the heck? When a Marvel comic opens with a full
    page shot of the Scarlett Witch casing a
    spell.......Anyway, bunchy of stuff happens,
    Onslaught is either Reborn, or retconned back in. I
    dunno. Liefeld's she-Bucky shows up. Um.....
    Grade: D I read comics, and I have no idea what the
    hell is going on here.

Agreed with Legacy. At least Cade is choosing to get off the toilet finally. The sith designs are very cool looking though.

The series is...eye candy. Not much as far as being original. There isn't anything as far as plot element that hasn't already been done.

Ostrander and Duuresma Team really shined when the wrote about Quinlan Vos, Villie, and Ayla Secura. Not sure what happened with there ability to tell a compelling story, but Cade is clearly just another Quinlan immitation. A poor one.

Now Knights of the Republic on the other hand is a great series.

Ostrander seemed to lose something late in Clone Wars. The end of the Vos arc was especially lackluster. After 3 or 4 years of solid (nearly real-time) well written comics, he blew the whole thing on a purely self-indulgent ending.

There where a dozen other ways to end that arc well, including a few that would have let Vos live. But, we got an uninspired, tacked on ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    Ostrander seemed to lose something late in Clone Wars. The end of the Vos arc was especially lackluster. After 3 or 4 years of solid (nearly real-time) well written comics, he blew the whole thing on a purely self-indulgent ending.

There where a dozen other ways to end that arc well, including a few that would have let Vos live. But, we got an uninspired, tacked on ending.
    If you mean the very end, with Vos surviving, that was at Lucasfilm's request, and had to be rewritten at the last minute from what i understand. I've never heard if Vos actually died in the original ending though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Vos suriving was probably the worst ending to any EU arc, ever. And, yes, I have read a good deal of EU.

Why? Because, in a few short pages, it utterly ruins 3 years worth of *good* comics. I used to love the Vos arc, because my movie purist friends were consistently unable to come up with objective reasons why it was bad besides the fact it was not in the oh so perfect movies. (Episode 6 being a master-work.) The Vos arc was intelligently written, and more or less focused. The biggest problems where some incredibly lazy character designs (likely a function or Dursema drawing too heavily from photo reference), which are still forgivable.

Vos should have died. He was shown dying in the Episode 3 comic adaption, meaning the original script likely included the death of Vos.

Vos living was tacked on, did not advance any theme or idea, and read like a magical McGuffin to keep fan-boys happy.

I will buy that some Jedi survived Order 66. I will buy that some just said "the hell with this", and retired. I will buy that some survived Order 66 by fighting. And, that some survived, and died later while fighting the Empire. Hell, maybe a few have a go at Vader and Sidious.

But, Vos living just read like a *bad* comic book.

If Vos had lived, by say, quitting the Jedi Order (which he planned to do) early, and getting out of dodge before Order 66 was given, that would be fine.

If he survived Order 66, and just escaped, without the contrived bad-*** retardery of him fighting Faie and *winning*, that would have been fine. Faie's convenient case of the moronitis only makes things worse. Why the hell did Faie say "come out or I will blow up the forest", when he logically just should have blown up the stupid forest? Why was Faie alone? There where hordes of troops available, and Order 66 (as we saw in the movie) took priority over everything. (Mundi and Kenobi where attacked during pitched battles, pulling a few troops off of Wookie patrol would not have been much more extreme.)

Regardless of who ordered it, Vos' survival (as written by Ostrander) was one of the worst written EU stories ever, it undid sveral years worth of good comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    Vos suriving was probably the worst ending to any EU arc, ever. And, yes, I have read a good deal of EU.
    No, that "honor" would go to killing Chewie by hitting him on the head with a rock.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    No, that "honor" would go to killing Chewie by hitting him on the head with a rock.
    I'll give you that as a bad one. Hmm...

a) turning Greedo into a drink at the Mos Eisley cantina?
    b) an inter-dimensional trash heap named Waru?
    c) Han & Leia "honeymooning" at Holographic Fun World?
    d) a three-eyed out-of-wedlock son of Palapatine?

There's quite a few out there...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'll give you that as a bad one. Hmm...

a) turning Greedo into a drink at the Mos Eisley cantina?
    b) an inter-dimensional trash heap named Waru?
    c) Han & Leia "honeymooning" at Holographic Fun World?
    d) a three-eyed out-of-wedlock son of Palapatine?

There's quite a few out there...
    Don't forget IG-88 becoming the Death Star 2 or Boba Fett being Dengar's best man.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Don't forget IG-88 becoming the Death Star 2 or Boba Fett being Dengar's best man.
    You fool! NOW I am remembering those, too... years of therapy... ruined! [Bel-Cam re-enters permanent fetal position, rocks back-and-forth, chants "ruined... ruined..." ]
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Hey, I'll take any chance I get to remind people why most of the EU sucks.
    DOMINATE!