Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile So a women walks into Walmart, looking for Jabba

I work at Wal Mart and have been in the toy section recently. A women shopping for her child that recently watched the OT asked me about Star Wars figures and showed her all of the ones we had.

She wanted Leia and some others. And she asked if we had Jabba ... I had to explain that one hasn't been out in years and her best bet was to check Ebay. And she asked where the vehicles were ... I told her to check Toys R Us.

But she was very happy with the figures I showed her and she bought a lot.

You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Thats a good story. I always try and assist fellow shoppers when they are looking for thier kids gifts and stuff
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I try to take all the toys and keep them all for myself! Bah ha ha ha ha! No, really I am more than happy to assist those who need a helping hand getting to know what stuff we do or don't have in stock. Wal-Mart as a company though stinks as far as the way they treat their employees.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I hide all the good stuff in other departments and tell people it's all sold out.

I read the topic and expected a punchline.

I am disappointed.

I shall go cry alone now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I too try to help if I can. If I see a clueless adult looking through everything like they're lost I'll kinda ask what they're looking for and then it just goes from there.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

There was a lady in TRU buying gifts for her grandkids the other day and I fielded several questions for her. This actually happens pretty often, but my intentions are not the least bit altruistic. I figure the more toys they sell, the quicker the stores will get in the newer things that I don't already have.

I really do think that Hasbro has dropped the ball on Jabba.

We had the ANH Jabba that was terrible both as a figure and in the movie.
    We had the podracing Jabba which had a stupid mouth because of an action feature.
    We had the Jabba Glob, which was decent, but why did the best Jabba so far as of 1999 have to be rubber?
    Then we had the Deluxe Jabba, which was pretty good, but the material
    was funky and it was a bit green for my tastes.

Why is it that 11 years into this hobby they have yet to release a Return of the Jedi, in hard plastic, that is more tan than green, and that has a dais?

I would argue Jabba is the most significant character in the original trilogy to never get proper treatment as a figure.

Vintage, complete ROTJ Jabba's are relatively inexpensive on ebay and hold up extremely well as toys. I suggest getting one, I love mine!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Vintage, complete ROTJ Jabba's are relatively inexpensive on ebay and hold up extremely well as toys. I suggest getting one, I love mine!

Yeah, I got mine for around 15 with shipping 2 years ago.

I helped a lady in WM today looking for stuff for her kid for Christmas.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten