Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Happiness without Star Wars figures

I realize that about 999,999 people out of 1,000,000 can easily find happiness without Star Wars figures. But I am unable to even IMAGINE a perfectly happy life without Star Wars figures. Yes I have 3 incredible children and a beautiful wife who are the cornerstone of my joy. But there would always be noticeable gap in the completeness of my own world if I did not have my Star Wars (AND LOTR for that matter) figures. I realize that someday...there will be no NEW ones. But the ones we have will be good enough for me when that happens. This may not have been the case if the Figures had never been made. But now that I have had them...it is hopeless for me.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Try Spaghetti-O's. They're the secret to happiness. SW figures are a pale substitute.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've felt like that I don't need them on my spectrum I just think how many other kids would enjoy them so much more, thats why I've always toyed (no pun intended) with giving them to Toys for Tots.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

My life is happier without them, I'm saving much more money this way by not collecting...I wish I was doing this 12 years ago !

often times i'll buy another clone or sandtrooper just as to not leave a store empty handed

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    often times i'll buy another clone or sandtrooper just as to not leave a store empty handed

I know the feeling
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

most of us will readily admit that we're addicted, and you just gotta get that fix now and again.

Hey, I admit it.

When I saw a photo of some guy's Utapau trooper collection (he had 94 in the pic), I just knew I could get that many and sought to get 100 of them. I did that and surpassed it. I told myself to stop at 100 and I did for a time, but I've been finding these on the pegs with some regularity now and will pick on up. I'm not too bad though as I DID pass up 6 of them on Saturday. That would have been unthinkable just 6 months ago.

But yeah, if I don't find anything new for a week or so, I'm looking for troopers to fill the void...

Now that this new wave is out (though I still haven't seen it yet), I should be in bliss as there are plenty of trooper variations to collect, including a couple from teh next wave as well. (I'm calling on those fellas that helped me out with the Utapau troopers to help me out again please. Not on the level of those clones, but I am looking to get between 6-10 of each of the new clone variants.)
    Move along, move along

My girlfriend suggested that I take my Star Wars figures down off the entertainment center for the holiday, and put up decor instead until the end of the year. Now that I have moved my 50 odd some loose figures, I like the way it looks much better. I still have the GG busts of Vader, Boba, Jango, and the biker scout, plus several of the Riddell helmets.

I don't know if I will sell off the loose figures, or keep them if I get a bigger place.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!