Traveling to another country

I am going to Afghanistan next year. About half way through my tour I get two weeks leave, and I am thinking about traveling to Europe. If any of you have traveled to Europe please tell me where you went and what you did. I know I want to go, but have no idea of where, and what to do. Also my girl will be flying out to visit me so if you know some fun stuff for 2 that would be even better.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

i'd go where you'd want to go and see what interests you. touring the sights of europe just because that's what tourists do doesn't sound very satisfying.

if you're a history buff, then visit historical sites - battlefields, monuments, museums; if you're into architecture - churches and castles and so on.

When I was stationed in Istanbul back in the late Eighties, I used to go for walks on a great aqueduct that afforded a wonderful view of the Sea of Marmara, and the ship traffic on the Bosphorus. Then I got mugged, and stayed in the coffee shops afterward.

Actually that didn't happen to me, but to a friend. He did say Istanbul was really cool, however, though it helps to know a little about Byzantine and Ottoman history to appreciate it, or so I would think. There are Viking runes cut into a stone inside the Cathedral of Saint Sophia. Incredible!

I'm on a multinational tour right now that began in the UK, down to Paris, over to Frankfurt and Munich, to Venice and now in Pisa. From here we will go to Rome then back to Venice, then onto Athens, Cairo, Luxor, and finally Dubai.