Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like the self titled "black album"...frankly I think people who complain about it being overplayed are big babies. Quit listening to the radio, that'll solve your problem real quick.

That makes two of us.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

album: master of puppets
    song: fade to black (although it alternates with one as my fave)

and to jump the gun with some of the other "quick questions"
    best cover: last caress
    fave band member: kirk (james went soft when he stopped drinking)

will this be enough to lure JBFF and post????

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I like the self titled "black album"...frankly I think people who complain about it being overplayed are big babies. Quit listening to the radio, that'll solve your problem real quick.
    I did quit listening to the radio, but it was too late. Between friends and the radio, the first 5 or 6 years the album was out, I heard it enough. Enter Sandman was probably the most overplayed, and the fact that sporting events use it only prolongs the pain.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    I did quit listening to the radio, but it was too late. Between friends and the radio, the first 5 or 6 years the album was out, I heard it enough. Enter Sandman was probably the most overplayed, and the fact that sporting events use it only prolongs the pain.
    Not sure if you knew this...but...this is Our Country.

mellencamp doing radio commercials as well? i've only been unlucky enough to witness the televised versions.

Without a doubt, my fave 'Tallica cover is the Mercyful Fate Medley.

They've done many other good covers, as well, though.

I'm not avoiding this thread, but it's really tough to pick a favorite between "One", "Whiskey in the Jar", "Stone Cold Crazy", "Until It Sleeps", and "The Memory Remains."

Right now, I'm leaning toward "Memory." Not the totally butchered version some radio stations play, either, with all of Marianne's eerie vocals cut out clumsily.

Album, I'm leaning toward S&M.

And, before anyone asks, I do like the old stuff, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Right now, I'm leaning toward "Memory." Not the totally butchered version some radio stations play, either, with all of Marianne's eerie vocals cut out clumsily.
    The song works better without that old bat's pipes on the track.

It could, except the editing on that version is extremely choppy. Plus I kinda like the idea of a song about a faded Hollywood starlet having guest vocals by a fugly old woman with a raspy voice who used to bang Mick Jagger before the fates were so very cruel to her.
    Tommy, close your eyes.