Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick question: Jimi Hendrix

If you don't know the rules by now, read them in any of the other umpteen threads:

Favorite Album: Are You Experienced?

Favorite Song: At the moment, I'll have to go with "The Wind Cries Mary." Five minutes from now, it could be almost anything else.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Album, from when I had them, The Ultimate Expierence. Sort of a "greatest" hits. Course, everything Hendrix gets that moniker expierence at one point.

Song: Purple Haze. I used it at an introduction to a presentation on the molecular biology/physiology of addiction last fall and the professor asked me do you know that that song means? I pointed the laser pointer to the picture of the LSD and than retorted, but its slightly different if you're under the influence of take your pick. People wonder why I get A's...it's cuz I research my topics! Plus where else can you kiss the sky and mishear kiss that guy?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

album - are you experienced?

song - crosstown traffic

more than any others of these threads, my fave jimi tune tends to be whatever song i last heard.

Favorite Album: Ultimate Experience

Song: Hey Joe. I always picture the scene in Forrest Gump where he beats that guy up who slapped Jenny at the Black Panther Party.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Castles made of Sand
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

same as Chux, my fave tune and album kinda rotate a lot, but currently...

Album- BBC Sessions
    Song- Drivin' South

Isobars&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Are You Experienced?
    Castles Made of Sand

Its amazing how much this guy did in his short career. I should dig deep into the bowels of SSG to see if I can find my old Jimi avatar.

Edit: Found it!
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Are you Experienced?

All Along the Watchtower
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I don't listen to Jimi Hendrix as much as I should, but I like his music a lot.

Album - Are You Experienced? (with the Jimi Hendrix Experience)
    Song - Purple Haze

Kind of cop-outs, but come on, they're classics because they're just damn good.