SSG's Weekly Hasbro Q&A - December 8th

A little late but raring to go, it's Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for December 8th, 2006.

Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well (which also got an update today).

Hasbro Q&A for the week of December 8th
    Q: The 3" Titanium series X-Wing mold is being rereleased as a Dagobah version soon but the S-foil wings are stuck open on this mold which doesn't look right for the paint scheme. Will Hasbro eventually make a new X-Wing that has opening/closing wings? How about a new 3" Titanium Millennium Falcon with retractable landing gear, or other Galoob die-cast molds that could use updating?
    A:
    At long last the X-Wing will be retired after the release of the Dagobah version. We have plans for a completely new x-wing in 2008 with retractable s-foils and flip down front and rear landing gear.
    - -

Q: The Battle Packs Unleashed line recently had a Snowspeeder vehicle set as part of the Battle of Hoth assortment. Will we see more ships in the line? How about taking larger ships from other Hasbro lines (like the 3¾" line's Millennium Falcon for example) that are close to the line's scale and retool them into the Battle Packs Unleashed line?
    A: We will not be doing any more Unleashed 2" ships (or playsets) for the time being. The sales have simply not been there for this sub-line, while the 4-packs themselves have been doing very, very well and have found a new audience complementary to the other "major" lines (3-3/4", Galactic Heroes, and Star Wars Transformers). So instead of going after the vehicles, we have actually stepped up production of more new 2" Unleashed figures for next year. Stay tuned for what those will be.
    - -

Q: Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
    A: Very low probability of us ever doing him. He was always meant to be a stand-in and be replaced, so he would be behind a long list of on-screen figures that we would do before him.
    - -

And the questions at ActionFigs.com:
    • - Why do some pack-in figures with vehicles and multi-figure sets use older or less-popular sculpts of the character when better-quality ones exist? Examples include the large-wing TIE Fighter being packed with the POTF2 TIE Pilot figure rather than the vastly-superior Saga TIE Pilot, or Battle Packs that use the ROTS #06 Quick-Draw Clone Trooper or Deluxe Jetpack Clone rather than the #41 Super-Articulated Clone, or the upcoming Tantive IV Battle Pack using the Evolutions Sandtrooper mold that doesn't have mid-torso articulation over the VOTC Stormtrooper. (This question isn't looking for answers to those specific examples, but to the general "why" of this practice.)
    • - If and when you decide to make a Battle Droid Commander 2-pack, will you make one figure in the regular color and one in the Geonosis color, or are all of the Battle Droid 2-packs going to be 2 of the same paint application?
    • - Any possibility of releasing a super-articulated IG-100 Magnaguard (aka General Grievous' Bodyguard)?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm very excited to see we're finally getting a new Titanium 3" X-wing.

Hasbro's answer to that Magnaguard question was a little confusing, it seemed like they thought we were asking for a rerelease and they were suggesting a new one was in order.

Poor Heater, I can't say I'm surprised though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hasbro's answer to that Magnaguard question was a little confusing, it seemed like they thought we were asking for a rerelease and they were suggesting a new one was in order.
    Not only can Hasbro not spell, they can't read.

I liek the new X-wing idea. At least this line is continuing for awhile.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Magnaguard answer sounds like they've been considering a rerelease but are leaning towards just making a new one.

Its awesome they're releasing a new X-wing AND told us about it! I can't wait to see that, just now we gotta get new Red 5, Red 2, Red 3 and Dagobah X-wings later on...

Maybe it should be a seperate question to get them to elaborate on any other improved ships for Titaniums since they just answered about the X-wing.

It's not surprising that the Unleashed Snowspeeder didn't sell very well, it was just too overpriced.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I tried to get them to comment on the Falcon and any others that need updating, but to no avail. At least we got the X-wing comment. I don't think I'll buy all new versions of every X-wing, definitely the Red 5 X-wing and probably a Dagobah one as well.

The sad thing about the Unleashed Snowspeeder is that it's actually a nice set, only about $5 overpriced really, they should have window-boxed the vehicle to show how large it is, it's in scale to the Unleashed so it's about 50% bigger than the Action Fleet version.