Thread: Outbreak

Outbreak

Dang this is an awesome movie! A government created infectious plague spread by a monkey smuggled out of a secret test site in Zaire threatens a Northern California town. The cast is incredible:

Dustin Hoffman
    Rene Russo
    Morgan Freeman
    Kevin Spacey
    Cuba Gooding
    Benito Martinez (The Shield fans will know)

race to stop Donald Sutherland from detonating a sub-nuclear weapon to incinerate 2,600 Americans to certify containment and protect the military's bio-weapon secret!

One of the greatest helicopter chases in all of motion picture history comprises part of the action - but man does this movie spook you about the 1000's of ways you can get sick from virus germs!

The effects of the plague are gruesome and hard to watch in early viewings, but you desensitize to it later. Conspiracy theorists will love this movie. Meanwhile, it will be good for many for subsequent viewings.

The modern US Military invading an American town on Californian soil is an image you won't soon forget either. It's enough to frighten anyone over what the government can do with a declaration of martial law. Who could forget the scenes of American citizens being shot and killed in their pickup truck by Army helicopters ordered to keep the population contained within the barbed wire perimeter set up around their small town?

I can't recommend this movie enough! Yeah, I've seen it before. I was in fact watching the copy I own - but haven't viewed in a long time. I suggest you check Outbreak out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I fell asleep during this movie in 1995 when it was the second half of a doubleheader with Batman Forever...I never did feel the urge to rent it and finish watching it.

Monkeys are cool.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

This is a pretty good movie. I've seen it more than a couple of times as it's good enough in my book to warrant watching if it's on TV. I don't own it nor is it on my must buy lists, though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Monkeys are cool.
    Monkeys are kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I fell asleep during this movie in 1995 when it was the second half of a doubleheader with Batman Forever...I never did feel the urge to rent it and finish watching it.
    Did you fall asleep after you saw the guys vaporized by the daisy cutter?