Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Peter Boyle dead at 71!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

Peter Boyle, the actor known for playing everything from a tap-dancing monster in "Young Frankenstein" to the curmudgeonly father in the long-running TV sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. He was 71.

Boyle died Tuesday evening at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease, said his publicist, Jennifer Plante.
    wow... i always loved his version of frankenstein's monster... and his character was almost the only thing i found funny on "everybody loves raymond"... he also had a great episode of "the x-files" where he played a psychic who could only predict how you were going to die, which is a bit weird to bring up i guess, but it was a really awesome episode.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Oh, crap.

That is some sad news indeed.

"Why don't you go where fashion sits?"
    "Puuuuudnondaitz!!"

Tommy, close your eyes.

I think you meant "Holy Crap!"
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Man, this is definitely sad.

I, too, love him on Everybody Loves Raymond and I also loved his part in Monsters Ball.

Don't worry, Vyn. I remember that episode of X-Files too and it was a good one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

This is still a shock, all these minutes later. Of all the actors from Mel Brooks movies, I expected him to outlive Joan Rivers, Leslie Nielson, Cloris Leachman, and Mel himself.

Only one worthy cast member of Raymond survives. Brad Garrett may suck in most things, but he's done some cool voice-over work (notably Lobo in the DC animated universe).

I think I'll have to watch Young Frankenstein a few times tonight.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember him best from The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. He played a cabbie who ferried his boss around town to fight the bad guys. That movie kinda grew on me after awhile and I enjoy it more now than when I first saw it.

He was pretty good as Ray Romano's curmudgeonly father, though I wasn't a regular viewer of that show. I remember his stint on X-Files - where else would I'd have learned what autoerotic asphyxiation was? I saw Young Frankenstein years ago, but only recently saw it again on cable and immediately recognized Boyle as the monster.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I remember him best from The Shadow with Alec Baldwin. He played a cabbie who ferried his boss around town to fight the bad guys. That movie kinda grew on me after awhile and I enjoy it more now than when I first saw it.
    oh, yeah! how could i forget that? i just watched it like, a week ago...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Sad news indeed. Love Young Frankenstein and agreed Vyn, he was the only funny thing on Raymond. HE was also in that movie with Michael KEaton about the crazy people going out on the town, cant remember the name, but damn funny.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    HE was also in that movie with Michael KEaton about the crazy people going out on the town, cant remember the name, but damn funny.
    The Dream Team?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Everybody Loves Raymond was a horrible show but Young Frankenstein was the bee's knees.

71's not too bad of a run.