New StarTrek Gashapons - by Konami this time !

And it's a real good news as I always thought Konami was one of the best company when it comes to make good-looking minis (with Takara).
    Remember those white resin proto pics I posted weeks ago ? I thought it was pics of the Furutas protos (with unproduced K'Tinga/D-7 battlecruiser). I was wrong as they were in fact prototypes for Konami new StarTrek Candy Toys wave one (there will be at least two).
    Protos :
    http://www.konami.jp/th/figure/dir/index.html
    http://www.startrek-dvd.jp/archives/.../konamisf.html
    Painted protos :
    http://www.startrek-dvd.jp/archives/...2/post_18.html

They should be available in Japan in the first weeks of 2007.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

Sicq - as ever great work, my friend.

However, what a dull choice of ships!

How many versions of the BOP, Reliant, Ent b, etc, do we need (micros, furuta, romando, JL and now Konami)?

I am thinking the unthinkable - I may pass on these!

BC3

Right, I agree. The D-7 looks good but the others have already been made several times in this size.
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

wow...i'm sort of in between on these...i'll probably pass on the klingons and the ent-a, but i just can't pass up an ent-e, reliant and ent-b...it will be interesting to see how these match up against the furuta, romando and johnny lightning...

i do agree with you bc3 on the choice of ships, though...it seems that at some point someone out there would get a bug up their backsides and make an akira, or any number of others that collectors are clamoring to have

my 2 cents...

rj

The detail on these seems to be the best of the Gashapon lot, though the engineering hull on the Enterprise is a touch too long. These are ships I'd love to have but it's true, we've been there-done that a lot lately and it's time to try something a little more exotic (not Voyager aliens exotic perhaps, but moreso than these). I'm kinda getting sick of seeing the Ent-B trotted out lately though, are they just using it because they have access to the digital files that created the ship or what?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll probably try to get the Enterprise-E since I haven't gotten any of the other gashapon lines and it just looks really really nice.

It is pretty screwed up they all make the same ones over and over again for the most part, it'd be nice to see some of the more neglected ships like the Negh'var Klingon ship, Jem'Hadar battleship, Delta Flyer and shuttlecrafts. Even more of the Nebula class and Defiant would be good.

I'm guessing the reason why the Enterprise-B is used even though the Excelsior version was used more is that they probably find the extra details (flared hull at the deflector and extra impulse engines) more exciting.

And why does no one make a Klingon bird of prey with moving wings?!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think they use these ships when they start a new line because they're recognizable, they'll attract new customers who haven't collected everything that came before it. I mean, which would someone rather start their collection with, a ship that looks like an insect's butt seen for a few moments in 1 episode or the flagship of the Federation?

I don't like the added details on the Ent-B, they seem like tacked-on junk to me.

I totally agree on the movable wings of the KBOP, seems like that aspect always gets ignored, maybe because only the movies used it at all. Still, it's an awesome part of the ship, they really need to start including it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think they use these ships when they start a new line because they're recognizable, they'll attract new customers who haven't collected everything that came before it. I mean, which would someone rather start their collection with, a ship that looks like an insect's butt seen for a few moments in 1 episode or the flagship of the Federation?

I don't like the added details on the Ent-B, they seem like tacked-on junk to me.

I totally agree on the movable wings of the KBOP, seems like that aspect always gets ignored, maybe because only the movies used it at all. Still, it's an awesome part of the ship, they really need to start including it.
    Damn, I sure like 1701-A and the Klingon but dump the rest.

The first post I made with pictures of the protos is located here :
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33263
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.