Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Delay for First Wave of 30th Anniv. Figures

Production delays causing a 2-month hangup for the first entries of the 30th Anniversary line's basic figures.

This just in, straight from Hasbro...
    Due to unavoidable production delays, the first waves of Star Wars 30th Anniversary basic figures for 2007 will be delayed until March. We ae looking at every way to get the figures in earlier, but fans should not expect to find them on shelf on 1/1 as we were hoping. We expect subsequent waves beyond the first to be on schedule shortly thereafter. We'll keep everyone updated as needed, but please be patient. Thanks!
    Looks like the supplimentary 3 repaint waves for The Saga Collection are going to have to hold us through these lean times a little longer. We'll post any more news on this matter as soon as we get it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow I guess I will have some time to save up for all the multiples I plan on buying this year.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

makes me wonder though, on ebay there are sellers that say they have in hand the Galactic Marine. Have seen photos of hands holding the figure both on the card and loose.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Well thats good since we still have 2 more waves of Saga figs to get. That would have been a mess at stores.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am extremely glad to get this news. For more than one reason. It will help me to better prepair for the troop-building monetarily for one. The other is that if I am successful at starting up as a retailer...this delay will give me more time to be able to start with the beginning of the TAC.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Blessing in disguise for me. Gives me time to catch up and save up.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I think the demand for Greatist Battles and Heroes and Villians is why. I still see retailers stocking the pegs with these. We need more! They must still be selling like hot cakes. I forsee them doing the same by February or even March. Hasbro is going to have to ramp up production to fill the orders, and you can't have too much of a good thing. Though we might get a good mix of the last two Saga waves mixed in there if we are lucky. I hope Walmart is drowning in their exclusive Saga's by then.

While I want to get these figures, I agree that it will give me more time to save up some money. I'll be getting less stuff this year for Christmas (not too much less, though) since I'm getting a drum kit that turned out to be somewhat expensive. I'm actually glad that these were delayed.

Personally, I don't like this news, we've already suffered a lot of downtime over the past few years, the end of the Saga line left a void, the whole OTC line was filler and even it had to be padded to reach the finish line, the ROTS line had to be padded to fill half a year, and the Endor 2/TPM wave was released months ago (though you'd barely know it by store shelves, minus the pegwarming Naboo Soldier and Zapped Vaders of course) plus the TSC line already has 3 extension waves to fill the gap there. Hopefully it works out ok but all the downtime and extensions the last few years has left me wondering why there's so much stalling between August and March with all these lines, it makes it very frustrating to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I saw that one and the other 3 on ebay right now, none are in-hand. That one doesn't say it's actually in-hand, it says "Figure will come out of a factory sealed case" and in tiny light green writing says "This item is a pre-sell and to comply with Ebay policy, if we cannot ship this item to you within 30 days of payment, you may request and receive a full refund! Please contact me with any questions about this pre-sell!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.