Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Sith Infiltrator

I really, really want this ship but what Darth Maul figure would fit into it? I'm surprised they didn't release this in '99. Also, I really want Corran Horn with a lightsaber. WHY CAN'T I HAVE THEM????
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Good lord, Darth Evil...are you ME?!!? I've had problems with clones before, but you want a Sith Infiltrator AND Corran Horn? (I'd take Corran with or without a lightsaber BTW as long as they made one )

I've been clamoring for an Infiltrator forever. When they had the SSG poll awhile back, I voted for it over all those silly sandcrawler and Imperial shuttle beggers. I think the Sith Infiltrator should be sliiiiightly bigger than the F/X X-Wing and run aboot forty clams.

And I think Corran Horn is the coolest Jedi ever.

I think Darth Evil is another version of me...

Talking

No, I don't think I am you but still, if enough people want them maybe Hasbro'll make them.....yeah, RIGHT.
    "Sir, we've recieved overwelming votes for a Corran Horn figure and a Sith Infiltrator vehicle, should product them?"
    "Nah, let's throw them another Luke/Han/Vader/Maul figure, that should shut 'em up!"
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

They bank on the Jango fett thing being big this time round so we'll get a new Slave-1 before a Sith infiltrator because Slave-1 actually takes a proactive role in the movie unlike the Sith Infiltrator which merely acted as a taxi for Maul. It didn't actually do anything other than look pretty did it? Whereas his speeder was an active vehicle and crucial to the fight in the desert ergo it got made. Also it was cheap to make which the Infiltrator wouldn't be as hasbro sees it.

I'd buy one if it got made but I'm not putting all my sprouts in the one pan just yet over this one.

Thumbs up

Since Hasbro didn't make one, I had to settle for the Estes rocket model for one of my works.

Sith Lord Arrives
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

The Infiltrator didn't do enough in the movie that Hasbro will think it'll be a hot seller, IMO. Personally, I prefer the Micro Machines Die Cast and Action Fleet versions anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

EP2 SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT
    Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    They bank on the Jango fett thing being big this time round so we'll get a new Slave-1 before a Sith infiltrator because Slave-1 actually takes a proactive role in the movie unlike the Sith Infiltrator which merely acted as a taxi for Maul. It didn't actually do anything other than look pretty did it? Whereas his speeder was an active vehicle and crucial to the fight in the desert ergo it got made. Also it was cheap to make which the Infiltrator wouldn't be as hasbro sees it.

I'd buy one if it got made but I'm not putting all my sprouts in the one pan just yet over this one.
    For the Slave 1 in EP2,Hasbro will just re-use the mould from the 1996 version slave 1.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by JediTricks
    The Infiltrator didn't do enough in the movie that Hasbro will think it'll be a hot seller, IMO. Personally, I prefer the Micro Machines Die Cast and Action Fleet versions anyway.
    How can you prefer something to something that doesn't exist? or do you mean in general you prefer Action Fleet vehicles to the 4" vehicles.

Originally posted upside down by GNT
    For the Slave 1 in EP2,Hasbro will just re-use the mold from the 1996 version slave 1.
    Which is the mold from the 80's isn't it? They're getting a lot of mileage out of that mold!

CORRAN! CORRAN!

I think Hasbro didn't make the Sith Infiltrator because they thought they had a cash cow for kiddies in Jar Jar. (I remember going into a KB where the manager was a good friend of mine, sometime in April, 1999, and being told, "Jar Jar's going to be hot! We're getting tons of stuff with him on it." Most of it is still gathering dust there.)

I know good business sense would point to catering to both kids and adult collectors, but Hasbro seems able to do only one or the other at any time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd be surprised if hasbro reused the old mold for Slave-1 again given that we get to see the lower two man part of the cockpit in EP2 and it would make sense to appeal to the large kid market, pester power and all that, with a new mold with an opening canopy and a cockpit big enough to just about squeeze two figures into. like the episode one stuff with electronics, surely they'll be creative and add light up cannons to the side of Slave-1? If this doesn't blow my socks off in a new sculpt that dazzles kind of way then I'm gonna find the company execs of hasbro and personally deal with them......... They need it.