Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Is there a Dr. Evazan in the house?

O.K. - for once I'm not going to complain about how I've never in my collecting existence seen a Target exclusive ship on the shelves. (Grrrrrr..) But instead would like to ask why we are getting a new snaggletooth (Zutton? Where the heck in the movie is HE?) when the Cinema Scenes one was very accurate and just fine, when we STILL don't have a decent Dr. Evazan? The first one wasn't even close - the face, hair, clothes, stance were all just plain wrong. So anyway, how about giving the good doctor a second chance?

I second that emotion. I don't hate the cinema scene version of old Evazan but he didn't look like that in the movie or any other pics I've seen of him in comics and stuff. I think a fitting tribute to the guy who played a mean troublemaker who ran out of luck is to remake this figure as a movie real likeness with all the gross facial disfigurements and that great upturned pig snout of a nose.
    C'mon Hasbro, concentrate on the movies and not the silly stuff. Go back and right the wrongs of bad sculpts.

I quite agree, in fact, check out my "Resculpt Roundup" post and you will find the good doctor close to the top of the list of must have resculpts!

Thumbs up

Well, it is not the same character. It is someone new. I can deal with it. There are other figures I prefer, (Yarna D'al Gargan) but i am happy.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

Evenflow is right. The two are not the same character though they are the same race...Snivvian. The one from the Cinema Scene is named Takeel, and this new one is (obviously) Zutton.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    How did Dr. Evazan get to be a doctor anyway? Aren't most MDs in the Star Wars galaxy droids anyway? I think Evazan is a blowhard who likes to PRETEND he's a doctor to get chicks. but there's no MD diploma hanging on his wall at home. But since everyone knows the REAL docs are all 2-1Bs and FX-7s noone is coming home with Evazan (look at his face for heavens sake!) That's probably why he got irritable when pretty boy Luke walked in. Evazan saw the Tonnika gals checking out the virgin farmboy and he got jealous. So from now on I'm not going to refer to him as a doctor anymore. From now on he's Roofoo Evazan.

But back to the subject at hand...sure, resculpt the little monkey and slap him on a card...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Takeel/Zutton

Originally posted by Darth Cruel
    Evenflow is right. The two are not the same character though they are the same race...Snivvian. The one from the Cinema Scene is named Takeel, and this new one is (obviously) Zutton.
    I'm sure I've read that zutton isnt in the cantina in ANH and that it is takeel, and that Zutton is the same species but from the cantina in the holiday special.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

Zutton is in the cantina scene of the holiday special atrocity. Seen somewhere around while Bea Arthur sings an interminable dirge of a schmaltzy song. Although the name Zutton was originally attributed to the Snivvian in Jabbas palace who wears a cream body suit with bandoliers slung across it. The suit is quilted slightly and looks sort of fat. The actor who played Zutton in the palace scenes was quite short like the actor who played Zutton in the holiday special. Although not as short as the person who wore the red suit we got made into a figure. The Snivvian in Jabbas palace has now been renamed as Geezum apparently thanks to some soft shoe shuffling with the EU backstory.

As for Dr. Evazan, Alfie Curtiss who played him deserves to be properly immortalised as the Dr. after creating such a memorable character and captivating us with his incredible acting ability all these years. Dr. Evazan should be resculpted in his correct costume and with the correct ugly face. He should be sculpted fairly neutrally but with articulation so he can be posed by us the purchasers of the figures. Not stuck in some wild pose like the cinema scene joke called Dr. Evazan. Alfie Curtiss deserves better than that thing they call Dr. Evazan.

Wow, I never would have guessed that this thread would get dug back up from last August. Still, my opinion hasn't changed, much. A well done Dr. is still desperately in order. As for Zutton, I probably would have bought the little sucker to put in my cantina diorama in homage to the original '78 snaggletooth but since I never, EVER saw one on the shelf (or Teebo, or the new R5) I guess I'll live without it. I've given Hasbro enough of my money, anyway. I'll be damned if I'll spend any more time trying to hunt stuff down. If Hasbro wants to keep certain figures (No Yoda's or Dooku's for god sake!? What is up with THAT!?) such a rare commodity and not sell them, I for one will let them. which leads me to my new thread... "Why I have stopped collecting." or "Thanks for saving me money, Hasbro!"

I would like a new Dr. Evazan. The CS version is just isn't detailed enough. More scarring, and release him a black version of BoShek's blaster, which would be movie-accurate.

And despite the attempt to re-release Zutton/Snaggletooth from the Vintage line, it won't be long before hardcore collectors want a blue version, too. But Zutton is warming pegs all over the county.

think Evazan is a blowhard who likes to PRETEND he's a doctor to get chicks.
    If you look through the Red 6 encyclopedia, it does imply that the Doctor is actually Elan Sleazebagano.

Summary: Evazan should be in the new Cantina selection, not Greedo.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.