Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars 2006 Hall of Shame!

Year-end roundup; what are the worst offerings from Star Wars (toys, books, conventions, whatever) of the past year?

Feel free to make up categories as you wish.

Worst Decision: Re-releasing the Episode III General Grievous Unleashed figure. The final nail in the coffin of this line, though the recently announced plans to re-release his pegwarming buddies Anakin and Obi-Wan next year could easily trump this.

(Runner-up: The entire "Greatest Battles, Lamest Figures" line. At least these were cheap and small, so they sold to kids and parents for the most part.)

Worst Comic Book: Legacy. No explanation needed. I'd wipe my butt with it, but it's so bad, I'd probably get a rash.

Dumbest Expanded Universe Plot: Jacen Solo becomes a Sith! Wooo! Now there are two good kids in the family who turn bad without adequate character development!

Biggest Waste of Time: "The Star Wars Spectacular" at Comic-Con. Promises of big announcements and surprises, and what do we get? Some footage of Celebration III and a few minutes of a CG Indiana Jones.

Most Obvious Scam: 30th Anniversary Tins. "Hey, we can take a bunch of the figures no one wants, and make really, really minor modifications to one of them. Then we can put them in a set with three other sucky figures, and--oh, here's the good part!--we can charge more if we put them in a crappy tin that no one has a use for!"

Lamest Single Toy: As the Millennium Falcon Transformer does not qualify here (see below), this goes to the General Grievous Transformer, which is truly a "pice of carp" in every sense of the word.

Lamest Single Turd Masquerading as a Toy: Millennium Falcon Transformer.

P***iest Decision on Lucas' Part: "Hey, I got everyone to drop a lot of money on the re-re-re-re-re-edited films, so now let's get the same people to buy them again because we'll include the originals that I swore I'd never release! Only they won't be remastered or anamorphic, so we can do the same thing next year!"

Star Wars Dorkus of the Year: Just when you think no one can be lower than Rick McCallum, along comes Steve Sansweet. Yes, the windbag who hosted the "Star Wars Spectacular" and told a little kid that he needed to get his parents to buy him a next generation console if he wanted any more Star Wars game, then seemed blissfully unaware of the announcement barely a month earlier that LucasArts wanted to make a Wii game involving lightsaber combat when asked about that system. Good work, Interrim Doctor Douche.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

KOTOR comic - I've never been that bored reading a comic. Everything that happened in the first 5 issues should have taken two. I don't care how the first story arc ended. Dishonorable mention: 95% of the EU.

Transformers - I don't even need to explain anything here. Those motorcycle things were cooler (and those still sucked).

Unleashed - the small ones are still horrible and the handling of the big ones will kill the line.

The 3 3/4 inch line - I don't understand how the line is still going. I think I bought 2 figures this year. The rest are just flat out boring or ugly.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Lamest New Star Wars Line: Custom Choppers--I'm not even sure if they came out this year or the end of last year. (Runner Up: Transformers)

Biggest Shelf Warmer: Millennium Falcon Transformer--Black Friday deals at Target and Walmart and they are still piled up. (Runner Up: "Greatest Battles"/"Heros & Villians" --There are so many of these still around, retailers aren't putting out the Endor/Naboo wave.)

Biggest Scam: Star Wars Fan Club. (Runner Up: The mulitple re-release of 500th Vader)

Worst Idea for a Figure or Accessory (3-3/4" Line): The half melted Carbonite block. (Runner Up: mini-holo pack-ins)
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Worst Decision: Releasing the unedited OT on DVD only as a substandard bonus feature.

Biggest Waste of Time: Both Greatest Hits lines, first off the choices of figures is poor for 75% of 'em, then these are figures we JUST got last year for a buck less, and they're filling pegs up to capacity.

Most Obvious Scam: I gotta agree on the 30th Anniv. Tins thing.

Most Unbelievable Claim: Hasbro saying the Greatest Battles and Heroes & Villains lines aren't pegwarming and stealing space from actual new figures.

Least Information: Both of the upcoming Star Wars TV projects, which we seem to know less about now than we did 18 months ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Scam : Star Wars Fan Club. I saw an issue in the store this weekend, picked it up and looked through it. Nothing but a few lame articles and then advertisements for Star Wars things no one wants. I wouldnt even use it to line the birdcage with.

Waste of Shelf : SW Transformers

Not Worth It : The 3 3/4" figures. I maybe bought one or two, its stale and boring.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    Waste of Shelf : SW Transformers

Not Worth It : The 3 3/4" figures. I maybe bought one or two, its stale and boring.
    I totally agree with all of this.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Biggest Waste of Time The hours I spent searching the stores for the figures that weren't there.

Lamest Toy Gotta tie between the choppers and the Transformers

Worst Value for the Money The Star Wars fan club. No way am I dishing out an extra $40 for a magazine and some advertisements packaged as a "membership kit".
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Worst Idea: Custom Choppers.

Biggest Pegwarmers: Even though Lushros and Derlin warmed hard, none are warming more than the GB and H&V line.

Worst Line: SWTF, nuff said
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 01-19-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

KH, you're not allowed to use "best" in a post in this thread!

Worst novel: Betrayal (ruining the SW universe one weak storyline at a time )

Carpiest Collectible: all those dang "exclusives" that it seems anyone can get access to but aren't available.

Worst SW Music released: none, because apparently, there are no as-yet-unreleased songs the paying public wants to hear
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Removed it BCJ
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten