Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!

The good news: we now have a name for the seventh installment.

The bad news: Next year "at the earliest." (Meaning probably 2008 or beyond.)

I think the name sounds quite interesting. It's definitely a darker title for what will have to be, by far, the darkest book/film of the series. (I mean, we know Voldemort is going down, probably dying in the process; Snape has to die a hero to help Harry defeat Voldemort and reveal Dumbledore's final master plan; and Rowling has even implied Harry himself might not survive.)

Discuss.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

These books suck...

...as much as El Chuxter's mom.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The REAL good news: It's the last book.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Oh, come on! You've got to at least give them credit for being better than three of the six Star Wars movies.

(And "El Chuxter's Mom" doesn't have the same ring to it that "Slicker's Mom" does, so eat it, Richards.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh, come on! You've got to at least give them credit for being better than three of the six Star Wars movies.
    Actually, I can't. I couldn't stomach more than 10 minutes of one of the Potter movies.
    I'd rather watch the Star Wars Holiday Special again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I think it's a weak title, and this is coming from a Potter fan.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Oh, Snap(e) !

What Rocketboy and Slicker said.
    I would rather watch TPM on 24 hour loop including all deleted scenes (with an extended version of the Greedo scene) than watch 10 minutes of Harry Pooper.

Nevertheless, this book should be released on All Hallows Eve, 10/31.

That's an awkward title. I do like the books though, and the movies have gotten better. And Star Wars fans who dress as wookies and have Slave Leia posters shouldn't get on their high horse over Harry Potter
    Galactic Barn Burner

The coolness of the title is meaningless. She could call it Harry Potter and the Snigtad Flornbis - and I'd still be lined up on the date of release to buy my 2 copies.

I am PUMPED about this book.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I liked the joke Jimmy Fallon did on Weekend Update a couple years ago about how the next book (probably the 6th one at the time) would be called Harry Potter and the End of Trees due to how many books would be printed.

I like the series and am looking forward to the final installment. However, since I didn't start reading them until just before the first movie came out, I ended up getting the paperback. Since I don't want to get the hard cover unless I get them all, I'll have to wait until the paperback comes out to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I mean, we know Voldemort is going down, probably dying in the process; Snape has to die a hero to help Harry defeat Voldemort and reveal Dumbledore's final master plan; and Rowling has even implied Harry himself might not survive.

Discuss.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not yet convinced Snape has turned to the dark side.