Why Is The DVD a PG

Before I begin these are the British film ratings

Uc- Suitable for all specifically children
    U- Suitable For All
    PG- Parental Guidence
    12- Suitable for over 12's only
    15- Suitable for over 15's only
    18- Suitable for over 18's only

Star Wars has always been a U right from the start, but the Phantom Menace DVD is a PG, the VHS was a U is this for the only one reason that Ewan shouts, you b@$t@rd on the making of documentry or is there something else, or has the Board of Ratings changed since the Theatrical and VHS release?

It's PG because of violence, as all Star Wars films have been; but since it is not graphic violence (no blood) it doesn't get a PG-13 rating.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

US Artwork?

Is it possible that you have a copy with the US artwork on it? I know that Britain has a different ratings system. Does the package have a symbol that shows it is region encoded for REGION 2? The US artwork doesn't have the region code on it, but I think it DOES have something for the Canadian rating system on it.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm pretty sure that in the US, DVD and VHS movies get ratings ONLY for their actual film content, not their extras like commentaries or documentaries. I'd think this would be the same with the wacky British ratings board (I've read some pretty silly, arbitrary stuff they've required from some films to get a lower rating - not that the MPAA here in the US is any better)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Midichlorians are all naked.

What about the poo reference?

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

But the video was U! I'd say it was because of the extras, Jaws was rated 15 here and there was note on the back cover saying that the higher rating was because of the extras. Remember, there are a few beeped-out swears from Ewan and Rick.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

GL just wanted to keep his target audience...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I don't think the PG rating is because of the bad language because all the swearing has been taken out of the UK release completley (Not just beeped out but CUT completley), but it still gets a PG rating. There must be something other than the swearing giving it a PG rating, but I can't see what!

WHY DOES ALL THE SWEARING HAVE TO BE CUT OUT OF THE REGION 2 VERSIONS! IT'S NOT FAIR! EVEN IF IT WAS ALL BEEPED OUT, IT WOULD STILL BE FUNNY WHEN LIP READING WHAT THEY'RE SAYING!!!!!

PENDO!

I've always assumed they were PG. I don't think the ratings really matter anyway because anyone can watch the SW films and enjoy them. As far as I'm concernd they should be G. I never needed a parent watching over me when I was little watching the trilogy, "Now close your eyes at this part. This is where the Stormtroopers start shooting at Han and Chewie. Keep them closed, they are fighting with these sword like things." Come on give me a break, any parents who feel the need to do that sort of stuff should be sent away to Siberia. Kids see and know more than parents think.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."