Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Major League Baseball MMVII(merged)

Lets start talking about the 2007 major league season! I know the NFL is heating up and the playoffs are a couple of weeks away but dangit I got a wonderfull bit of news today, the Milwaukee Brewers signed Jeff Suppan to a four year deal (club option for a fifth). Although I reside in the heart of Packer country I love the Brew Crew first and formost!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/...brewers_suppan

Anybody else getting excited for spring training!?!?!?!?!?!?

Spring training only about 6 weeks away. I am glad the Brewers signed Suppan and not the Mets.

Yankees signing the japanese pitcher and Pettitte helps out alot. The line up is solid as it was last year. Wang needed some back up in the rotation as Moose and Johnson are showing their age. Lets build up the pen now and we can get further in the playoffs.

What do you think of Boston spending over 100 mill on basically an unknown pitcher?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I liked the first Major League but all the sequels have sucked...I'm passing on this one.

Let me be the first one to state that the Pittsburgh Pirates are going to finish.

The season.

In.

Pittsburgh.

(or wherever their last game is played)

Sincerely,
    Out-On-A-Limb Bel-Cam
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Mets baby.
    Get ir done in 07.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    What do you think of Boston spending over 100 mill on basically an unknown pitcher?
    I think a healthy part of that was so the Skankeys wouldn't sign him.

I just read that there is talk of trading Johnson, I don't know what you'd get for him.... OR who would want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I liked the first Major League but all the sequels have sucked...I'm passing on this one.
    Aw, c'mon! Two was pretty good. Not as good as the first, but any movie with the line, "Women: you can't live with them, and they can't pee standing up" is good in my book.

Here's my prediction right now so I can quote it by mid-July: The Tigers will be every trendy pick for AL and/or World Series champs until the middle of June or the beginning of July when they are still sub-.500.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I predict no team will go undefeated, and no team will go winless.
    And I predict that there will be at least two extra-innings games, a manager of a National East Central team will be thrown out of a home game, a batter will be hit intentionally by a pitcher which will result in a mound charging, and a singer will goof up either the National Anthem or Take Me Out to the Ballgame.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And I predict ...a manager of a National East Central team will be thrown out of a home game,
    I'm not familar with the teams that play in the NL East Central division could you enlighten me please?