Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Action Fleet???

Action Fleet???

Hi I'm new to the forums and I am an avid fan of the Action fleet line. I don't have much experience with the Titanium line and I am curious about how it compares with Action Fleet. IE: do the cockpits open?, do they have landing gear?, are the sizes of the ships about the same?

Since Hasbro isn't doing anything with action fleet right now I'm looking for a good star wars substitute of sorts.

I have one last question, what happened to the guy "Da18thcustomizer"(I think that was his SN) back at swcollecting.com who was making custom AF sized minifigures?

I don't have much experience with the Titanium line and I am curious about how it compares with Action Fleet.
    SW Titanium line:
    • Approximately 3 inches.
    • Include stands where appropriate.
    • Primarily made of die cast metal with various plastic bits.
    • Do not include any miniature figures.
    • Cost $5 each at retail.
    • Thus far, pretty consistent packaging across the entire line. Difficult to open without damaging the package.
    • Still in production. Spans all 6 episodes.
    • A related line, the Titanium Ultras, are 6 inches (Action Fleet sized), but metal and include display cases. This line has been discontinued. Included a couple of models not previously done in AF, plus a modern version of the Battlestar Galactica. Generally $15 at retail.
    • Also available: 3 inch Titanium Battlestar Galactica models. (I like!)
    • Also available: 3 inch Titanium Transformer models. (Meh.)

SW Action Fleet line:
    • Approximately 6 inches.
    • Included stands where appropriate.
    • Made of plastic.
    • Included 2 miniature figures at first. Later, only one. And later still, none.
    • Cost $10 each at retail.
    • Evolution of packaging over the years. Some trivial to open without harming, others more difficult.
    • Sadly, a dead line which did not survive all episodes and thus missed key models from the later films.

What else, folks?

Do the cockpits open? Do they have landing gear?
    Usually, when appropriate to the model.

Since Hasbro isn't doing anything with action fleet right now I'm looking for a good star wars substitute of sorts.
    The SW Titanium line is (IMHO) the best Action Fleet substitute. (I am only a casual collector, though. Perhaps some of the collectors with broader collecting horizons will have differing opinions.)

You should also try the WOTC line. No features like the AF but for example their droids line is comparable to AF figures.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    You should also try the WOTC line. No features like the AF but for example their droids line is comparable to AF figures.
    ??? I checked out the WOTC website but could not find that Droids line... What am I missing?

BTW, I dont mean to hijack the thread! Welcome naes14. I am an avid AF collector and I consider the Titanium Ultra's to be the continuation of that line in die cast. They have similar play features (sometimes much better, like the falcon) as the old AFs and those Ultra's that have appeared in AF form before are usually very similar/the same as their AF counterparts (apart from the play features)

Thank you all for your replies and must say that the Titanium Ultra's are what I would like to collect next I think. I have been really out of touch with the newer toys because for the last few years I have been trying to fill out my action fleet collection by buying them off of eBay and that has consumed most of my time and efforts. I only have three more questions.

How hard is it to find Ultra's now?
    Could anyone post pics of the Ultra's?
    What different ships did they have outside of what was in the action fleet line?

Well let's see here...

The following Ultra's were confirmed and released to retail (in rough release order below) :

1. Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter (Wal-Mart Exclusive)- Remake of a circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

2. Republic Gunship (Wal-Mart Exclusive)- Remake of a 2002 AOTC Action Fleet mold

3. ARC-170- NEW mold for ROTS in 2005- never made in the Action Fleet line

4. Droid Tri-Fighter- NEW mold for ROTS in 2005- never made in the Action Fleet line

5. Slave 1- Remake of a circa 1997 Action Fleet ship

6. Snowspeeder- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship ( , JT )

7. AT-AT- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

8. Millennium Falcon- NEW mold (panels) but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

9. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

...and that's it- those are the only ships that were officially released to retaal in the Ultra Titanium STAR WARS line. (Battlestar Galactica had 1 ship released to retail in the Ultra line as well, and that was the 2004 version of the Galactica herself)

Otherwise, there were 2 ships listed/known that MAY yet be released. Hasbro has said they may come out but has yet to release any details. Those ships are:

-ROTS Analkin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (New mold- not in old Action Fleet line)

-TIE Fighter- PROBABLY will be a NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

The X-Wing, Republic Gunship, Millennium Falcon and Darth's TIE are the hardest ships to come by nowadays. AT-AT's are a close second.

The Snowspeeder, Slave 1, ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter are probably still rotting on nearby local toystore shelves (try ShopKo )

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by naes14 View Post
    Thank you all for your replies and must say that the Titanium Ultra's are what I would like to collect next I think. I have been really out of touch with the newer toys because for the last few years I have been trying to fill out my action fleet collection by buying them off of eBay and that has consumed most of my time and efforts. I only have three more questions.

How hard is it to find Ultra's now?
    Could anyone post pics of the Ultra's?
    What different ships did they have outside of what was in the action fleet line?
    Welcome aboard! How are you coming along on your AF collection? Is it mostly or fully complete? If not, what are you missing? If so, which is/are your favorite?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Well I am fairly young and I donít have too much space in my room so I am not too concerned with acquiring the whole collection (as of yet). For instance, I have LukesDegobahSwamp X-wing so I havenít collected his "clean" X-wing (they are both designated Lukes so I don't feel the need to get it) but I do want different colored ships such as gold, red, and blue Y-wings.

I am primarily concerned with getting one of each [FONT=Verdana]type[/FONT] of vehicle and in that regard I'm doing quite well. Here is list of those I don't have; an A-wing (I used too but it was damaged so I am bidding on a green one and I am looking for a red one), an E-wing, original Tie fighter, Jabba's Sail barge, Blockade Runner, Slave One (I want both the original and new AOTC versions), Tie Defender, X-wing w/Jek, Y-wing (just gold and red), Imperial Landing Craft, all Snowspeeders (my battle damaged speeder suffered the same fate as my A-wing), and finally I might want a second Tie Interceptor (my version is from the Toys ďRĒ Us exclusive) just to get the pilot w/removable helmet.

I have all of the original playsets and I have almost all of the original battle packs except for numbers 6, 13, 14, 16, 17, and 18. (I am bidding on two of these now on eBay.)

I donít have any flight controllers or remote control vehicles/animals but I don't really care much for those anyway.

I have almost all of the Alpha Series and what I donít have I will be getting soon.

As for Ep.1 (this is where I am really lacking) I have the Naboo fighter, Republic cruiser, AF preview set, Mini Scenes 1-4, and the Naboo Hanger.

I also need all of the AOTC vehicles.

I think thatís about it, but less and less results are turning up on eBay and I am very picky about what I get (mostly MIB and I havenít bought anything overseas yet.)

Sounds like you have a good start. You haven't been consumed by the obsession to own the complete series, or even worse, including every possible variation. I have an addictive streak and for a long time was intent on having an opener plus a mint boxed one of every release. I did pretty well, but never went for the full range of variations. There's still a JC Penny variant of the original Remote Control AT-AT that I'd like to find, but as you pointed out, the market is getting pretty tight and inflated. Scalpers are the scum of the earth, as you've no doubt come to see on eBay if you've ever been outbid in the last nanosecond just to see the winner re-post the same item for double what they paid.

Great to see that new and younger people like yourself are still enthusiastic about collecting Action Fleet. Share any reports of your new finds/gets/wins.

Best of luck in your pursuits.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Good luck in your pursue! It seems you have already a nice collection.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback