Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Galactic Heroes Sandtrooper

There are two versions of the new Galactic Heroes Sandtrooper figure, one without a black stripe over his eyes and a correct one with the black stripe.

According to Rebelscum this was an error that was fixed "early" in production, but I seem to be finding them here locally in central Illinois in roughly equal numbers. It seems that for every case we get of the stripe-less version we also get a case with the striped version.

I've wondered why no one has mentioned it here before, and I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm the only person over 8 who collects this line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandtroopers.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	14908  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    and I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm the only person over 8 who collects this line.

*cough - cough* You're not the only person who buys this line, but don't tell anyone, OK? When do you think they'll make a Galactic Heroes Mouse Droid anyway?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nah, these appear to be quite popular with us old farts. I've got all of them so far. Well, almost. I couldn't justify buying those massive sets for one repaint figure each.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i picked up the arena set, because i'd missed several of the aotc offerings. otherwise i get all the new releases.

now that you mention it, i'll probably pick up both sandtroopers if i can find them.

OK. Galactic Heroes are CUTE. I said it. Now I'll go away. Leave me alone. I just wanna play with my toys in my room!

*cough* Uh, do you think they'll make some more vehicles, perhaps Imperial or G.A.R. ones like a TIE Fighter, an AT-AT, or a Gunship? That'd be cool!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I too enjoy the Galactic heroes line. You can see my trayed sets of GH figures, but I do have some open, like some Stormtroopers, Jaawas, and Tuskens. Also the Playskool Falcon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B's galactic heroes.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	14911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B's Playskool.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	14912  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The Playskool Falcon has been repackaged before.

I got 4 figures with mine, also. I can't remember which ones came with the ship at this moment though. Did they switch a stormtrooper out from Leia before? Or did the repack only come with 3 figures? [3 figures, they dropped the stormtrooper and I answered my own question]

I found a new idea to write a list from: the Playskool Adventure Packs:

Falcon
    - Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper, C-3PO
    X-wing - Vader, Luke X-wing, R2D2
    N-1: Maul, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Battle Droid
    Reek: Anakin, Mace, Geonosian
    Wampa: Wampa, TaunTaun, Han Hoth, Luke Hoth
    Speederbikes: Wicket, Luke Endor, Bikerscout

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I've noticed that there seem to be an awful lot of kids buying these whenever I'm at Wal-Mart. They seem to be equal or just slightly less popular than the regular 4" line. I think the fact that you get two figures for $6 instead of just one in the 4" line is a big incentive. Plus they have little to no articulation and are made of very durable plastic, so they will last a long time at the bottom of the toy box.

Durability is kind of a lost art when it comes to toys these days. Sometimes I wonder if the toy companies intentionally design their product to break after the first few hours so kids' parents will have to go out and buy them a new toy.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

None of my buisiness but hey Big B, did you move away from the "Land of Enchantment" or should I say Entrapment (that's what we locals call it) New Mexico?........... I started to collect GH when they first came out. Then decided to I've got too many SW things. Man did I make a tidy profit on the Stormtrooper 2-pack, and Yoda with Clone when I sold them on eBay two Christmases ago. It made me almost want to be a $calper. I can imagine they are even more expensive now. Of course I lost money on the Bount Hunter packs I bought so it evened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    None of my buisiness but hey Big B, did you move away from the "Land of Enchantment" or should I say Entrapment (that's what we locals call it) New Mexico?...........
    Yes, I moved to Illinois about mid-September of this year. It's kind of funny because in southern New Mexico there was little to no interest in Star Wars from kids at all. Here in central Illinois, where it's pretty much nothing but corn, wheat and soybean farms, Star Wars seems to be immensely popular among kids.

Off topic, but most of the corn grown here goes into Ethanol production. In fact, most of the farmers here have very high hopes for Ethanol and the soy based fuels.