Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zutton's head has been released with new (ie, improved) detail

I just came from the So. California show, Frank & Sons and I noticed that the newest Zuttons with a date stamp starting with (that I noticed) 13.... have a very differnt detailed look. Now, they are not as good as the original pics online (which are) the ones on the back of the Eeth Koth back, but it is a 'lot' closer. The original Snaggletooths (teeth?) have more of a pinkinsh color and the new ones are much more yellow with darker brown highlights; much improved, IMO, and what I considered a true deco change

Did you notice a # change on the bottom of the card on the back. If there is, it just may be a true variation.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

My god, I think the boy's onto somthing!

I didn't notice a cardback change, but wasn't looking. Also, there were numerous Zuttons with the different deco at several dealers' tables. This was no fluke.

Maybe the first shipment were paint errors?

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not another, error/variation?!?!?!?!

I sense a disturbance in the force.

Let's hope these inferior figures don't end up getting an outrageous price tag attatched to them.
    May the force be with you.

seems not so much an error... rather, a correction. The hue of the skin tone on these new Zuttons are identical to the ones shown on the back of eeth koths card; the detailing of the skin and nose, however, isn't as detailed, but much closer.

I'm glad they made a correction. I was getting ready to customize my current one. I dunno why, but I really dig this fig...he just kinda out there, with the big head and all
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 02-02-2002 at 09:12 PM.

Originally posted by turbowars
    Did you notice a # change on the bottom of the card on the back. If there is, it just may be a true variation.
    Hasbro won't change the number on the cardback if the only correction is for the actual figure. The card numbering system is just a way for Hasbro to keep track of changes to the card ONLY. Also a way to milk money from the gullible.

Changes to the actual figure, whether it be a new paint job or a mold change are the only true variations IMO. However, I usually only buy the corrected figure. I hope this is true, as I really wanted Zutton but passed on him because of the horrible paint job.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think you will find him acceptable; I really dig it. Like with all figs, the detail did vary in quality from piece to piece.

Originally posted by bigbarada

Hasbro won't change the number on the cardback if the only correction is for the actual figure. The card numbering system is just a way for Hasbro to keep track of changes to the card ONLY. Also a way to milk money from the gullible.
    C
    I might be wrong, but what about the saber changes on first waves of POTF2, from long to short, but with long tray and then just corrected short saber? Wasn't there at least one # change because of this? I'll have to go look. For the most part I think your right Bigbarada.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Did you guys ever notice that Moff Tarkin has different colored hair. Some have white hair and some have grey or light grey hair. On the other hand, I'm still looking for Zutton. And ALL the other new figures for that matter.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett