anyone else ever think about this?

Iron Man....

Robert Downey Jr. cast as Tony Stark...

no problem with that, seems fine, but...

what about Jimmy Smits?

doesn't he look exactly like EVERY comic with his Starkness the Iron Man?

i think so...
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Possibly. If he grew out curly hair and a stache.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Casting Jimmy Smits as Iron Man would have made it Ultimate Iron Man... and nobody wants that. The guy is too old anyway at 51, RDJ is no spring chicken but he's 10 years younger. I see some similarity though, but Smits would have to grow out his eyebrows and somehow harden up his face, he's got kind of a soft emotional guy face.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ya, but... dude.

i was reading comics the other day for like 4 hours straight and then i turned on the tv and see Smits and for a minute i had no idea who it was, i just thought it was something about iron man. look at the civil war comics especially. if he did some working out, he could do it.

i love smits
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Eh, Smits is too cool to be Iron Man.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Timothy Dalton from The Rocketeer reminded me of Tony Stark. He's English, had a pencil mustache, and was working for the Nazis, just like Tony Stark did in Captain America: Cap Lives.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

That's not a bad bit of theoretical casting, most british actors can fudge an american accent. Unfortunately, Dalton's now 62 years old and far too advanced in years to play the part.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

62?

Damn.

Wow. I had no idea.

Seriously.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    62?

Damn.

Wow. I had no idea.

Seriously.
    Hire someone who looks like him.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Hire someone who looks like him.
    Isn't it great how movies are just people standing around perfectly motionless in silent tableaus, switching from scene to scene every 5 minutes?

(Granted, that seems to be what Lucas was going for in how he directed the prequels.)