Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And lo - the print errors strike back......

Well it had to happen, i just went looking at all these lovely new cardbacks and discovered the first spelling/grammar error. WOW can't believe I found something so dull. But i know there's variant collectors who will be very interested so here it is on the back of the Tusken female card..... enjoy and laugh loudly.

They really should fire their proofreaders. Oh, wait...THEY DON'T HAVE ANY.

it's amazing that it's the first few figures that has this. you'd think they'd try to get the premiere selection right. i'd expect this once the line got chugging and they got complacent but they appear to be so relaxed over this that they just jumped the complacency gun and let fly with the print errors outright. must be trying to cut back on time factors. At this rate they'll be cancelling the episode two line by July and replacing it with the next 'big dumb idea on a card' line. wonder what colour that'll be, Let's see the episode one line was red and then we got dayglo green so if this line is blue it must be dayglo pink next. Pack-in gimmick # 346543 will be a data chip for the jedi dex which by that time will already be clogging the bargain bins and piled high at the front of stores as their loss leader item. After fans cry foul about the lame pack-in they remove it and replace it with a bonus character photo printed on the card and up the price. Meanwhile the typos reach dizzying new heights and all we can read on the back of the card is the bar codes. the picture of the wave figures will be replaced by a picture of the founder of the Michigan branch of the Salvation Army and the back will be printed only on plain card without the sugar coating. Also absent will be colour. This will be explained as being cost effective due to the high cost of production of the quality merchandise with arms and legs that stay in place for at least two weeks compared to the one week of the POTJ line. Fans will gush about how we should all be grateful to Hasbro for producing figures at all and what a shame they don't actually have articulation and have suddenly gone from 3.75 inches to 6 inches and are molded as one piece with only three colours to each figure. fans will say how great they look and what a bonus they will be to the collections they've cherished since 1995........

Sorry, got carried away. All that from just a stoopid spelling mistake. WHOO! And for those who have no sense of humour Uncle jargo wasn't being entirely serious with this post so please don't jump down my throat.

Your frustration is justified, because I feel it, too, as far as the typos. I'm going into journalism, and the general rule is, if you can't spell right, then what faith should your reader have in what you've written.

We had Imperal, and Ketwal (barcode) and Shimi (bar code) and probably other ones that I'm too ignorant to notice (the mind corrects the type as you go, they say).

I'd tell Hasbro to leave the character descriptions to the Visual Dictionary and other publications, and just worry about the figures.

When will Hasbro hire proof readers?hmmm never.Its really nothing major when you think about it
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I imagine that text was run through a spell checker, but unfortunately for hasbro, know is a real word, so the spell checker thought nothing of it.

Thats what you get for having a computer proofread text rather than a real person.

hire proofreaders? didnt they just do a major cutback with employees not to long ago? heavan forbid they spend more money to get something right!

Spell check? My copy of MS Word does a grammer check every time I run spell check!

And if Hasbro is SO cheap that they can't afford to run Windows Office, they could go with Linux. Even Linux has a Spelling/Grammer check feature. The truth is, it would cost Hasbro NOTHING to do this. It would however require THOUGHT!
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Spell check? My copy of MS Word does a grammer check every time I run spell check!
    Uh, I think you mean "grammar." Maybe Sir Steve needs to add a grammar checker here.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."