Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Removeable Helmet SA Stormtrooper

Jedi Defender has some pics of what they claim is supposed to be the SA removeable helmet Stormtrooper that is rumored to be set to be released in the TAC line. Whether it is a custom or the real McCoy, it is a sharp-looking piece.

http://www.jedidefender.com/
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Interesting, don't care too much about the removeable helmet feature although now I'd be able to do a battle scene and have Stormtrooper helmets around like tumbleweeds.

Really we had already seen what this would look like with the Sandtrooper from the ANH tin, the only difference is that this one might have a solid back like the VOTC Stormtrooper instead of the slots for the Sandtrooper backpack.

I'm really hoping that since from a Q&A, Hasbro seemed mildly interested in the Troopers standing outside the Death Star. Since this has a removeable helmet, all they would need to do is include an alternate helmet with airhoses leading to an air pack that could plug into the backpack holes left from the Sandtrooper mold. Doubt it though.

At the very least, we don't have to rely on getting VOTC packaged ones off of ebay or removing the dirt from Saga2 Sandtroopers for SA Stormtroopers. Now if only retail price would come down.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't really see why they are spending money on putting clone heads on OT troopers. Seems like a waste. Do a Stormtrooper Luke and Han (not that comic stuff, either). Other than that, I won't complain. I'll just leave the helmet on.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    I don't really see why they are spending money on putting clone heads on OT troopers.
    Because legions of fanboys will gasp "new figure!" and they'll sell.

I'm not playing that game anymore. And I think after 2007, there will be more like me, and this will blow up in Hasbro's face in 2008.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    I don't really see why they are spending money on putting clone heads on OT troopers. Seems like a waste. Do a Stormtrooper Luke and Han (not that comic stuff, either). Other than that, I won't complain. I'll just leave the helmet on.
    I really don't like the clone head thing either but on the brightside, it does make a Luke and Han much easier for them to do. Though they could've just done some generic head wearing a balaclava...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Because legions of fanboys will gasp "new figure!" and they'll sell.

I'm not playing that game anymore. And I think after 2007, there will be more like me, and this will blow up in Hasbro's face in 2008.

I am with you, this is getting to be outrageous. I could care less about a removable helmet. Its still a stormtrooper.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

*cough*

Huh? Oh.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'll buy it. Just because, just because.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I hope they do a running change and add some more heads to the line up. I'd buy 'em just to waste the money

If they're wearing protective helmets why does he have a scar?

I don't own any vintage style stormies, just got last ten commtech ones after my massive clearout. I'm planning my Endor display around a battle between ewoks and troopers without any rebels around, so the added articulation on this would be helpful, therefore I may buy a few. the commtech ones can go to Tatooine where all they seem to do is stand around looking bored. Part of me finds it amusing though that Temeura Morrison seems to be becoming the most action figured actor out there. all those various troopers, plus Jango, hope he got a good deal in his contract with LFL to cover likeness rights and moolah for the use of.