Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

January 2007 hauls!

January 2007 hauls start here!

I got the titanium Star Destroyer

Galactic heroes Han and luke in trooper armor X 2

Galactic heroes Han and Greedo

Galactic heroes Wedge and Tie pilot

Galactic heroes Obi Wan and Sandtrooper

Unleased battlepack with Han and Tauntaun and Chewbacca (I like the hoth assortment)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Bah! Missed it by 1 post!

Pirates of the Caribbean Secrets of the Deep Tai Huang - since there'd be the occasional asian guy among pirate crews in the old pirate movies, I figured I'd pick this preview figure up. The figure is alright, the sculpt isn't that accurate to the actor but is pretty decent none the less. The softer plastic for the head and limbs made for a removable head and some worrying moments as the arm joints nearly gave way, but ultimately it came out fine. The sword is too rubbery but fits well in his belt, the other side of the belt is open for the pistol but it's odd because of how open it is. The figure holds his accessories well, and isn't too overly-posed. Grade: B
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just got the following in the mail from an eBay auction:
    #18 BITH BLACK SUN VIGO
    #10 REBEL CAPTAIN X2
    #35 HUMAN BLASTER-FOR-HIRE
    #38 KLATOOINIAN HUNTER
    #40 MISTRYL SHADOW GUARD
    #57 MANDALORIAN COMMANDER
    #56 MANDALORIAN BLADEMASTER
    #50 WEEQUAY LEADER
    #48 TUSKEN RAIDER SNIPER
    #46 RODIAN HUNT MASTER X2

SW STARSHIP BATTLES
    #40 PALPATINE'S SHUTTLE
    #60 VULTURE DROID STARFIGHTER ADV X12

That whole deal only cost $24.33 (shipped!)
    That's for 25 minis.
    Move along, move along

I finally got the Endor Luke. Found him at the same grocery store that had the White Endor soldier. His knees look like they should bend, but I can't seem to get them to do it. I don't want to force it and break it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    I finally got the Endor Luke. Found him at the same grocery store that had the White Endor soldier. His knees look like they should bend, but I can't seem to get them to do it. I don't want to force it and break it. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, go over to galactic hunter (but just for a minute and then hurry back), they addressed this question in their Q&A this week. (They also have their figure of the day article and they looked at this Luke a few days ago.) The knee joint is a little too tight and you have to work it back and forth a bit to loosen it. You could also dip it in hot water before you try to bend it the first time also. Just be careful, I had the same problem with the arm on a sandtrooper from the evolutions pack and ended up snapping it in 2.

As for hauls, so far this month I've bought a comic 2-pack with vader and the trooper, a gallon of milk, and some cereal.

I picked up the Lego Sail Barge, TIE Interceptor, and Batcave sets from Wal-Mart and Target yesterday. Both places were nearly cleaned out. I was hoping one or the other would have the stuff on sale, but they didn't. I was also really hoping to find the Lego ISD. But nobody seems to have that one in stock, including S@H and Amazon.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Master Replicas ROTS Vader Lightsaber Scaled Replica - $10 at Frys, I figured "what the heck". Honestly though, like most of the ROTS saber designs this saber design is uninspired so MR could only do so much. There's nothing here really worth mentioning good or bad. Grade: C+

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    They "fixed" the knees from the first version of the figure, which had the opposite problem. They're a little stiff but shouldn't be too bad after you get them moving.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They "fixed" the knees from the first version of the figure, which had the opposite problem. They're a little stiff but shouldn't be too bad after you get them moving.
    That's what she said.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    That's what she said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

HA.

ok...

picked up the new "Man of Steel" series silver bulletproof superman figure

also got the new TMNT Leo figure

some packs of football and nba cards

tickets to the carolina game last night
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Finally found an Endor Luke with the eye in the right place. It's only the third Luke I've seen, period.
    Tommy, close your eyes.