Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, when I first saw that Palpatine would have his Royal Guards in AOTC, I thought we were gonna get a resculpt, YAY! The POTF2 one sucked!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Repackaging hard to find figures on new cards has been suggested many times in the forums.

In an interview that I saw, maybe two years ago, I can't remember where, a Hasbro rep said that they had considered that and decided "not to pursue it at the time". The reasons that she gave were that they did not want to hurt collectors (by devaluing the secondary market) and concerns that they could not recoup the costs associated with restarting production.

This would be an ideal solution for loose figure collectors, but carded completionists would end up buying all the same figures over again, as happened with holograms & freezeframes.

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    I saw dozens of POTJ Sandtroopers & Dirty Biker Scouts at Wal-Mart the other day.
    Where do you live? A Hong Kong warehouse? I can't believe there's any store with that many. That's pegwarmer status.

And as far as Hasbro's repackaging reasons... What in the heck did they do w/ all the original figures? If I recall, they repackaged them all!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by 1138 View Post
    Instead of re-sculpting the heck out of everything, perhaps they should just re-release some stuf. Who would object to a COMMTECH Stormtrooper, or the "new" sandtrooper being released in quantity on a POTJ card? They could even alter them slightly so they wouldn't be the same fig. No battle damage, or a white/ orange pauldron, respectively, for example.
    They should definitely do this with some of the ROTS figures that were released. I'm sure some people missed them so they should definitely release 'em again. They could dress 'em up by putting them on a new card but keep the figures integrity.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Not a bad idea Slick, maybe call them Heroes and Villians or even Greatest Battles.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Not a bad idea Slick, maybe call them Heroes and Villians or even Greatest Battles.
    Funny as that response was, a longer list would still be a good idea. There are still a good dozen figures I never once saw at retail and either eBayed or never purchased.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Yeah, I have to agree with Slick here.

But not just ROTS, go back aways.

I had one hell of a time finding Sio Bibble, TC-14, R2-B1 from TPM
    From ROTS, while I didn't have much of a problem I know many others didn't find Commander Bly (especially the corrected version), Gree, Cat Miin, and Passel Argente's aid. And though they were initially easy to get I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of Grievous bodyguards. (even if in a Battle pack--cough Utapau cough...)

It just seems like Hasbro doesn't want to do the neccessary research to see what people did/didn't find, what's hot on the secondary market, etc.

In just a short time even just checking eBay, you can see what figure is selling higher than others. what buyers are willing to pay for them, etc.

(Besides checking this and many other collecting forums.)

Well, anyway, here's to H&V 4!!! heh heh.
    Move along, move along

For me, the FUN part of collecting is hunting down these hard find figures, Owning 1 of everything is the easy part, it's finding the stuff that makes collecting fun (in my opinion). Re-releasing something because people are just to damned lazy to get off their butts and hunt for stuff, make trades, or pay through the nose (if that's your style). ... well, I'm sure you can read into that what my opinion is.....

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    For me, the FUN part of collecting is hunting down these hard find figures, Owning 1 of everything is the easy part, it's finding the stuff that makes collecting fun (in my opinion). Re-releasing something because people are just to damned lazy to get off their butts and hunt for stuff, make trades, or pay through the nose (if that's your style). ... well, I'm sure you can read into that what my opinion is.....
    While I've found (or my fiancee for me) everything to date. There were some things that were VERY HTF. I personally do not take pleasure in having to track down things, and I'm on the hunt often.

I think there's quite a few people who hunt on a regular basis and still come up with the short end sometimes.

For others it's due to their location, ie BFE. Or the fact that they don't have a particular retailer in their area to purchase from. So it's not neccessarily a matter of not getting up off their butts, but rather not having the options available to them as some others do.

I DON'T think collecting should be hard. Hell, I could care less if the guy next to me has the same stuff. My colleciton is my collection. It has no bearing on me what someone else has. Even if some of the HTF figs become easy to find, it's still not going to take away from me the stories I have of when I found them when they WERE HTF.

I don't ever expect to sell this collection so the point of something getting rereleased and devalueing my collection doesn't bother me. Heck, I'd rather that each and every fan be able to get what they want and not with much hassle.

Just my opinion though. It's not meant to spark a debate.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    For others it's due to their location, ie BFE.
    Dude - I live in Canada. If ANYONE gets screwed out of figures, it's Canadians. I completely and totally understand this, and I say that figures need to have better distribution....I'm just not so crazy about re-releasing figures...I would rather see new figures...say from our Top 50 list made, not a figure that was out before...

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Just my opinion though. It's not meant to spark a debate..
    opps...my bad.