This is a totally theoretically thread, but it may require a bit of thought on everyone's part.
The rules are fairly simple. Hasbro has just called you up and said, "You're in charge of new figures until 2018."
Assume all the more credible rumors for 2007 are correct, and that these are the only new figures we're getting in 2007. Your job starts in 2008.
Every year you will have ten points to assign to new figures:
- Each basic, newly-sculpted figure counts as one point.
- If a figure can be kitbashed or repainted from existing figures, with only the most minor of re-tooling, it counts as half a point. However, you must list the parts used.
- If a figure is larger than a Wookiee, but smaller than Graxxol Kelvyn, it counts as a deluxe figure, which is two points.
- Accessories up to the size of a speeder bike can be included with a figure and considered to be a deluxe (two points). Anything larger is a beast/vehicle.
- Two-packs of standard figures that are based on existing sculpts, or which are more than 75% similar to one another can be considered deluxe (two points).
- Deluxe figures are two points, whether based on existing molds or not.
- Smaller figures are assigned points based on articulation. If you want a figure with Chirpa-type articulation, he's a whole point. If you're okay with limited articulation, two small figures can be packaged together for one point. This can include one adult with one child (Gungan female with child, for example).
In addition to the figures, you can choose one new beast or vehicle (regardless of size) for each year.
The figures and vehicles do not have to follow any theme. Hasbro will be choosing re-releases of existing figures to best fit in with any figures you create. Likewise, do not be overly concerned about core characters; Hasbro will be taking care of these.
Do not worry about the TV show. Assume that it will be a separate line.
Give it some thought, and post your lists. I'll be back shortly with mine.