Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did Harrison Ford turn down a 4th Star Wars Film?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    Harrison Ford may have agreed to pick up the whip and fedora once more, but he apparently has no interest in revisiting the other George Lucas franchise he's somewhat known for.

According to a tipster for Britain's Daily Star, Lucas recently sounded Ford out about playing Hans Solo again for what would be an unknown seventh Star Wars project. "Harrison was horrified," says the tipster. "He told George he just couldn't face being stuck in a spaceship with Chewbacca again." Considering the vagueness of the source, it could possibly have been nothing more than a joke on Lucas's part, but the report also suggests that Lucas threw upwards of $40 million clams at Ford in order to gauge his willingness to do the part if the money was right. That sum is in the same ballpark as what Ford is already supposedly pulling down for the new Indiana Jones project.
    See: I bet Lucas was interested in doing Episode 3.5 where he shows Han's father as the DNA source for the new Clones that replace Jango's Mandalorians.

Unless Episode 7 was going to show Han as Jacen Solo's father as the young Jedi was starting to fall to the Dark Side. Harrison wouldn't have to worry about scenes with Chewie in that particular scenerio as most of you sadly know why.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    See: I bet Lucas was interested in doing Episode 3.5 where he shows Han's father as the DNA source for the new Clones that replace Jango's Mandalorians.
    You'll grab at any straw just to TRY and be right, won't you?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    You'll grab at any straw just to TRY and be right, won't you?
    Yes. How am I doing? Was it a good try?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, it wasnt a good try.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes. How am I doing? Was it a good try?
    IT was a good try

eidt: my quote looks funny after you read this haha
    "Activate Order 66...WITH A SIDE OF NACHOS PLEASE!" -Emperor Palpatine

beats me why anyone would pay that aged wrinkly dullard anything to be in a movie these days. Ford is a walking corpse. 40 mil is just obscene though.

"Coming soon to a theatre near you - Indiana Jones IV - Catnap at noon!"

I really don't see Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher putting up with the green screen process. I think they would find the way George makes a movie exhausting or boring. I read Ewan McGregor almost jumped ship after Episode I. I was worried he wouldn't see it to the end.

Part of what Ewan didn't realize was that he was just set dressing for TPM.

He starred in AOTC and ROTS, but (for argument's sake) say the movies were supposed to be set up this way, he was required for TPM to show where Obi-Wan came from and how he found himself Anakin's master at such a young age (Obi-Wan being young that is, though Anakin was old to begin the training at age 9 - and that was part of the point).

TPM starred Liam Neeson above anyone else. Sure, I suppose they could have had a different actor utter the less than 20 lines of dialogue for Obi-Wan in that film, but I think it was much more appreciated having him along for the ride for character consistancy. We already had Jake Lloyd known to be scheduled for replacement by Hayden Christensen. At least all the rest of the main cast stayed consistent.

Anyway, there were few scenes in TPM where Ewan really got to act. ROTS was his breakout movie in the role as I could cite so many great Ewan scenes in that film.

But I think we were lucky to have him as Obi-Wan in the first place.

In the second, assuming the story for TPM was always going to be exactly as it was, we are fortunate to have had Ewan stick around for that and then complete the trilogy as well as he did. Hmmm. Makes me want to watch the prequels actually...

I won't even bother to see Indy Quad in the theater. What a waste of time that movie is going to be.

What I'm wondering is if they can get Shatner, and Jessica Simpson, and one other I have seen so far, actors to look like they are promoting some dish network or cable company ads on TV, looking like they are talking to you, why they couldn't do the same with Harrison Ford. (wow, that's one long run on sentence)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!