Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinema Scenes

Cinema Scenes

Are there going to be any Cinema Scenes 3 packs for Attack Of The Clones, because I miss them.
    Here's some ideas-
    Final Dual- with Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Tyranus

Arena Battle- with Jango Fett, Barris Offee and Clone Trooper

Count Dooku's Box- with Count Dooku, Poggle The Lesser and Nute Gunray

What do you think?

i've heard they'd been discontinued. too many mos espa jar jar scenes left over.

I've always liked the idea of cinema scenes because we get more background characters and characters we wouldn't ordinarily get. But, and it's a big but, there's only ever one decent figure per three. the poses are all as bad as these episode two figures and there's poorer articulation mostly because of the scene specific posing. Darth maul with his robes flying looked great as a display piece sealed in his cardboard CS tomb but what good was he as an action figure?

I'd prefer the cinema scene idea to alter slightly to encompass things like multi-packs of troopers or multi-packs of droids. I mentioned in another thread the idea of packing each of the astro droid variants together in one box which I think would look really cool R2,R3,R4,R5 all in a row, all different. there could be colour variant packs too with so many astro droid designs in star wars. And with the astro droids being smaller, you could pack more to a shipping box, get more on the store shelves at one time. I'd buy tons if it happened.

If the CS were done better and thought out properly to include figures that were useful to both openers and MISB collectors. They'd be onto a winner. it's such a pain to rifle through endless racks of pegwarmers to find the one new figure a store stocks. Instead we could have multi-packs of conveniently packaged selections. Easier to see who's in there more to the package easier to store.
    I don't know, maybe I'm just waffling into the wind here. I like the idea though. And even if we just got the same style CS I'd probably still buy them for that one decently sculpted figure.

I always liked the cinema scenes. I didn't like the Mos Espa Encounter one because it had two characters that had already come out. I thought it was a waste. But Jabba's Dancers, Cantina Aliens, and Skiff Guards were great sets.

True, Hasbro isn't going to make anymore. But thats ok I guess.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hasbro discontinued cinema scenes around the end of 1999. They have no plans to start making them again because of poor sales of previous cinema scenes such as Mos Epsa Encounter.

The Cinema Scenes were a great idea that Hasbro did right for a while, then totally blew it. By doing scenes with resculpts of figures that already existed (and were less than a month old!)as in the Mos Espa or the robes-a-flying Darth Maul --- they pretty much assured that there would be little interest in them.

Had they gone a different route -- and done all new characters like the one that had three new cantina aliens in it, I seriously think they'd have flown off the shelves. And we'd be seeing photos of ATOC sets on Ebay.

Oh, well.

By the way, Jargo, the evolution of the "R" droids is a truly GREAT IDEA!

The R1, R2D2 (he has to be in the box for kiddy appeal AND nobody complains because he has his Jabba's Barge drink tray.) Imperial R3 droid. Rebel R4. And the -- of course at last R5D4.

Then do an alternate paint deco version with the yellow/orange R5 from Mos Eisley and we'd all be in Droid Nirvana at last.

And this could then be followed with a C3P0 type pack... Including of course the long sought after CZ series . . .

Originally posted by mark2d2
    By the way, Jargo, the evolution of the "R" droids is a truly GREAT IDEA!

The R1, R2D2 (he has to be in the box for kiddy appeal AND nobody complains because he has his Jabba's Barge drink tray.) Imperial R3 droid. Rebel R4. And the -- of course at last R5D4.

Then do an alternate paint deco version with the yellow/orange R5 from Mos Eisley and we'd all be in Droid Nirvana at last.

And this could then be followed with a C3P0 type pack... Including of course the long sought after CZ series . . .
    Why thank you mark. I was going to go into detail about other pack ideas but figured i'd see you respond sometime. battle droid multi-pack is another one - commander, pilot, security, standard.
    Or R1-G4, Lin-V8K (the black dome droid) and WED-15-77 (the multi-armed treadwell droid) in one sale of the droids pack. Then follow up with 2X-3KPR (the small green domed droid, RA-7, M-HYD the stove looking droid) and CZ-3.
    two sale of the droid packs two astro droid packs a battle droid pack and finally the protocol droid pack containing C-3PO in all new Yavin medal ceremony shiny look, TC-4 the maroon senate protocol droid, U-3PO/E-3PO from cloud city (the dirty silver one)

Of course packing droids like this is just re-using molds But if we can get a pop apart 2-1B from jabba's dungeons or a BG-J38 which uses 8-D8's body, packed with a bartender R2 plus any others I've forgotten it would be so cool. It's a major grower on me. If hasbro were looking for a new direction to embrace the emerging teen market they should have gone with multi-packs. There's only so many large figures in the mad legs akimbo poses of the Mcfarlane style that you can store or display. multi-packing figures in the smalller scale makes perfect sense to appease collectors who want more background characters and kids parents who want good value for their money and plenty of play opportunities. it's not gimmicks that kids want as play it's figures that will go with other figures - astro droids for pilots, one army against another, Jedi against battle droids...... figures that allow them to use their imaginations.
    Hey, I know I'm just talking to empty space here as it aint gonna happen anytime soon/ever but i'm enjoying myself so what the heck eh?

Hasbro discontinued cinema scenes around the end of 1999. They have no plans to start making them again because of poor sales of previous cinema scenes such as Mos Epsa Encounter.
    If that is so, then how come 'unleashed' is being released. Didn't Hasbro learn from the flopped Epic Force Line?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Jargo, Jargo, Jargo --- how in synch we are on this whole droid issue.

Here's an even simpler -- less costly idea for our "friends" as Hasbro.

DROID ARMY BUILDER FOUR PACKS. (fan club exclusive)

R2 units - R3 units - R4 units - R5 units In four Collector Colors! (Okay, paint schemes.) Or maybe 3 packs? These would be really sweet. And would include NO previously released designs...)

And why not a threepio pack? With E3PO, and the Red Hoth version...

Heck, I'd even be up for at trio of FX-7 repaints. He's such an awesome figure. Hands down the best droid ever produced. Possible colors Black, Maroon, Dark Green . . .

Oh, I'd best stop this insanity. I'm drooling over the impossible. Must stop now!

HEHEHE! I'm sitting here thinking of these things in some really cruddy commercial like they have for stuff on QVC where they refer to variations as ' exciting colorways!' It's one of the expressions that gets me riled up enough to bust the TV.

but I can see where you're coming from. better still, fan club exclusive zippy bag o' droid parts. snap together droids in various 'exciting colorways!' that's getting silly and I have a feeling we already had this exact same conversation somewhere before..... WOO! deja vu.

They have to do something better than trying to rip us off with just one tiny droid on a card that could hold three. And charging the same for a droid like an R2 as a figure like Anakin with blanket box is just insulting. there should be a two tier pricing on these figures. If they're going to insist on only releasing them one at a time and veeeeeery sloooooowly at that. And why can't we get a fan club droid pack? if you can have an army of Stormtoopers then why can't you have an army of protocol droids or R4 droids etc. that's where the imagination thing comes in which Hasbro don't consider an essential to anyone who collects toys. hasbro believe that all collectors leave everything carded and display it in glass cases. and only ever buy two if they do open at all "one to keep and one to open". Plain stupid.