Where did all of the ships come from?

I'm watchin' ROTS on HBO for the 3,581,004 time and I was wonderin' how all of those ships came to be over Coruscant? I hate EU so I didn't read anything on it but did the leaders all get together and plan a big space battle for third Tuesday of the month?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The kidnapping of Palpatine was supposed to be a planned military action - complete with the huge invasion force such a task would employ. A bold move by that infernal tactician General Grievous - but when your quarry is a willing capture, that helps a little.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

yeah, the clone wars animated series kinda led right into the beginning of ROTS... that series is the least EU of anything that's not the actual movies, so i suggest checking it out - it was probably the best prequel.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

If I was going to recommend ANY EU at all, it'd be those cartoons (particularly the 2nd volume) and the novel Labyrinth of Evil. Together, they provide a very nice setup for ROTS - though you have to get over a few inconsistencies.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    If I was going to recommend ANY EU at all, it'd be those cartoons (particularly the 2nd volume) and the novel Labyrinth of Evil. Together, they provide a very nice setup for ROTS - though you have to get over a few inconsistencies.
    A few? Try to figure out exactly where Mace was during the battle, how Palpatine was actually abducted, and where Anakin is coming from when he arrives at the beginning of ROTS, and your head will explode.

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't read/watch both. They kick butt, even if they're totally in disagreement on a few major points.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

At least they explained why Greivous has that cough that bugged people so muich in the beginning. gotta have some consistency there.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I just read this article on Slickipedia and it basically explained where they all came from. Not sure how accurate it is but I'm gonna roll with it til told differently.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!