Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Knights of Prosperity & I.C.E.

So does anyone else watch either of these shows? The Knights of Prosperity or In Case of Emergency? I've been watching both since they premiered a few weeks ago.

Personally, I think Knights of Prosperity is hilarious and I found it to be a surprisingly good show. Knights is very well written, well directed and well acted. The cast is awesome actually. Gary and Rockefellar are great characters and Esperanza is wicked hot. Mick Jagger is quite a character too. Overall I really like this show and hope it stays around for a while.

In Case of Emergency (I.C.E.) is an alright show but not on the same level as Knights imo. It has a pretty decent cast (if you don't mind David Arquette) but the plot isn't nearly as strong as Knights'. I think this is where the show struggles or will struggle. It could definitely improve in some areas but it could also be much worse. Overall I think I.C.E. is an alright show and I'll keep tuning in as long as it's on after Knights.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Each episode of Knights of Prosperity makes me think "that was a bad episode of television that made me laugh a lot", I like the cast enough and the premise is interesting but there is a lot of junk writing in between the laughs. I suspect if it had a chance, it'd be a show folks would be talking about for a long time, but ABC will probably bury it instead.

I.C.E. is one I really like and feels like nobody else will watch it, I think the writing is a touch more traditional but still fairly out there for mainstream sitcoms. I really like Jonathan Silverman and Greg Germann in sitcoms, they're both very funny. You're right that David Arquette is the weak link in the show, but he occasionally made me laugh too.

Both shows have very attractive women on them who aren't just vapid youngsters, Kelly Hu on ICE (38) and Sofia Vergara (34) on Knights, both have some pretty funny moments and are great to look at too, though I think Kelly Hu is able to do more with the comedy at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Both shows have very attractive women on them who aren't just vapid youngsters, Kelly Hu on ICE (38) and Sofia Vergara (34) on Knights, both have some pretty funny moments and are great to look at too, though I think Kelly Hu is able to do more with the comedy at this point.
    Wow, I had no idea Hu was that old (no offense to you older forumites). She looks real good for 38.

Vergara is super sexy. I have never seen Chasing Papi, but I am seriously consider it now.

I thought this past weeks episode of Knights was pretty good. I loved when they were interviewing Rockefeller and Gary was like "What are your weaknesses?!?!?" Very funny stuff. I also liked how they all tried to steal the case but couldn't for various reasons. Good show.

I.C.E. was the same as it usually is. Laughs consitantly throughout, but no real plot developments. Just the same old same old. Hopefully it will pick up some in the next couple of eps. so it will keep my interest.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I saw the first episode of Knights and wasn't very impressed.
    I guess I don't really care for Donal Logue unless he's getting his faced slammed into a moving subay car (from Blade).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I liked 'em both, but I thought it was incredibly stupid of them to not think of the case being a test, hell I thought it had a CAMERA in the side! And they can afford to repair a cab but not HIRE one to AC? Still, a few solid laughs and some really lame ones too.

ICE was pretty decent, Kelly Hu had some really ridiculous outfits - like, the kind hookers would be embarassed to wear. I'm glad they finally dealt with a few small realities of all living in that house together, but it wasn't a major plotpoint. The chase at the end was too much.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Incase you didn't notice from last weeks show, they have moved Knights back to 8:30. There were rumors of the show being cancelled after it's original 13 ep. run and not being picked up for a full season. When it aired at 9:00 it was going up against the juggernaut which is American Idol, which was killing it's ratings (like it does to all shows). Before canning the show, they are seeing how it does in the 8:30 timeslot, which I'm certain will help. Hopefully this show will get picked up...

ICE has suffered from it's timeslot too and 'trying' to compete with American Idol as well and will probably end up getting cancelled.

I think they juggled the timeslots so that their 2 stronger shows - George Lopez and According to Jim - would help carry viewers into the 2 new shows.

Right, to help boost the ratings (hopefully). I guess only time will tell.

I still need to watch last weeks episode of ICE. I recorded it but still haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode of Knights. I just didn't think it was as funny as the previous episodes. I liked how the whole episode was about Esperanza, but that was about it. Although it was cool how Rockefeller got the group into the club. But overall I was pretty disappointed with this episode and it kinda looked like the beginning of the end.

I have basically given up on ICE; I haven't watched the past couple of episodes. No idea how that show is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode of Knights. I just didn't think it was as funny as the previous episodes. I liked how the whole episode was about Esperanza, but that was about it. Although it was cool how Rockefeller got the group into the club. But overall I was pretty disappointed with this episode and it kinda looked like the beginning of the end.
    Totally agree! It felt like a brick wall in the series, not just because of the ending, but the fact that they failed to come up with anything really funny or a satisfying way out of the plot hole they dug themselves.

I have basically given up on ICE; I haven't watched the past couple of episodes. No idea how that show is doing.
    How can you give up on ICE when it hasn't aired in 3 weeks?