Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They're alright, I never got into them much but they had some good songs that I heard over the years.

However, I would rather listen to baby seals being clubbed to death than listen to that one song from Tiny Music ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    However, I would rather listen to baby seals being clubbed to death than listen to that one song from Tiny Music ever again.
    Which one?

Sometimes, I like to call them the Simple Tone Pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    "Tumble in the Rough". I'm surprised that last one isn't on Thank You, as that is one I recall hearing on the radio a lot.
    They had a handful that get played on the radio (like "Tumble..." and "Dead and Bloated") that were never released as singles. "No Way Out" was released as a single (with a video) and wasn't included on Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    Wonder what ever happened to the DeLeo brothers?
    They are in the carpy new band Army of Anyone with Filter's Richard Patrick on vocals. It sounds worse than Talk Show, an band/album they made without Scott Weiland between Tiny Music and No. 4.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I heard Talk Show's one hit they tried to push on the radio during that time. I wasn't too bad. Not that memorable though. That was just like an inbetween thing for them while Scotty went to mandatory detox. Nothing as good as STP's. Goes to show you can have great musicians, but it doesn't mean anything without good lyrics and singer. They were a winning combination. I still like almost anything STP did over Velvet Revolver's. Wonder if Scott went over there because they tolerated his vices? Still possibly talking with Mr. Brownstone?

Album Core
    Song Sex Type Thing

I got this album early and wore it out. Then Plush hit the radio and I never really cared for the band ever again. They are a decent band just got killed for me by being overplayed.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Core

Plush: I still can't get enough of this song and it's well over a decade old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I still like almost anything STP did over Velvet Revolver's. Wonder if Scott went over there because they tolerated his vices? Still possibly talking with Mr. Brownstone?
    At the end STP were on the verge of breaking up for a few months. Things were very hostile, especially between Scott and Dean Deleo. In fact, after STP's last concert Scott threw a punch at Dean. They didn't talk for quite a while. They've all since kissed and made up, but there is still no STP on the horizon. The Deleos and Scott have both said STP is done, but they've left the door open for a possible reunion someday.
    I'm sure Scott's recreational activities had something to do with STP breaking up. His problem almost derailed Velvet Revolver at the very beginning, but he's been clean for a few years now.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Album-Purple

Song-Interstate Love Song. That tune will never get old to me.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Album: none in particular
    Song: Plush (acoustic)

I went for a period of time in which Creep by Radiohead and Creep by STP would horribly confuse me. I liked both and both came out at about the same time, but I'd think back and have to think about how each sounded to remember which band sang which song. I think my mind also forced me to think the Radiohead song was called Freak for a while just to distinguish each from the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Sometimes, I like to call them the Simple Tone Pilots.
    That makes me smile.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Album: "Tiny Music" (screw you, Caesar )
    Song: "Seven Caged Tigers" or "Heaven and Hotrods"
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.