Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars Archival Edition?

Anyone heard about this? G. Lu is releasing the movies on DVD and then after Episode III comes out, he will rerelease ALL the movies after shooting extra footage to tie the entire Saga together...So kind of like "Super Special Editions"...

I've suspected this was going to happen ever since the SE's. As long as the non-SE OT is available on DVD I could really care less what GL does with them.

D.Y.J.L.A.? (Don't you just love acronyms?)

random hearsay and speculation posted on tf.n seems to validate it as fact these days....... Though nothing would surprise me as far as money for old rope Lucas goes, I don't credit this report with much kudos owing to the fact that we haven't even seen how they've done the EPI DVD yet and already everybody is stating that they know what's going to be on the full saga boxed set. Silly season must have started....

Thumbs up

Lets hope that when the trilogy comes out in DVD format, they include all the deleted scenes that were not present in the Special Editions.
    As always...........L

When the Special Editions were released, George Lucas was fond of bandying about the quote that "Movies are never finished, just abandoned." There are so many aspects of the Special Editions that made one wish they had been left abandoned.

Originally posted by JediCole
    When the Special Editions were released, George Lucas was fond of bandying about the quote that "Movies are never finished, just abandoned." There are so many aspects of the Special Editions that made one wish they had been left abandoned.
    Cole, you should use that for your sig-line! That's a classic!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are these really happening? Or has this rumor just been floating around so long that it has become accepted lore?

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Are these really happening? Or has this rumor just been floating around so long that it has become accepted lore?
    I think it's just accepted now, I've been hearing these rumours since TPM came out in 99'.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

But it's still a rumor? Has Lucasfilm confirmed any of this or is it just a fanboy's wet dream that spread over the internet like a plague? Can anyone, post a link or some documentation that proves somebody with authority (EG Rick McCallum) mentioned this. Or are we all just reaffirming it by bringing it up in different threads and on different websites?

Even though I started a thread...

after another rumour was thrown out there for us...

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact there will not be any DVDs until after Episode III...

He will probably re-re-re-re-release the whole bunch of them out to the theatres one more time before he trots out the collection on DVD.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**