Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Figures becoming scarce again

Well, we're into that yearly after-Christmas phase of absolute zip on the shelves. I went to TRU tonight, and they had empty pegs in the entire SW section, save for a lone Moff Jerjerrod, the equivalent of Mon Mothma last year. It's bad enough this middle-aged loser has been scalping all the Clones and other new figs to a local comic shop, but the pegs aren't even being replenished. Good luck to anyone looking for the last wave with the Kashyyk Scout Clone - if TRU's and other stores everywhere are like mine, these will be impossible to find.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I hate first-quarter collecting, stores don't want to put anything out, shipments dry up, collecting becomes VERY spotty. It's always like this, the first respite often being in March but I remember a few years back there was no new SW found until July.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's funny cuz I found all of the last Saga wave at Toys R Us last week and also the latest 2 waves of Titanium ships (Crimson Guard Tie, Invisible Hand, Queen's Skiff, etc). I must have dropped over 2 Benjamins on new Hasbro Star Wars toys this month alone. More than I did before X-mas.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... new Battle Packs at Target.

I am still hopeful, but I am not sweating it one way or the other. I expect to get a case of wave 9 from the first shipment that EE gets...even if that IS March. And the Wal-Mart exclusive wave is so unpopular that they will warm the shelves even if they don't show up until NEXT Christmas.

And the army-builders that I want from wave 9 will end up in future assortments...even if it is not until 2008.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

No wave 9 here yet either. JT, I hope this isnt a reprise of the great drought of 03.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

please, please don't let it be a reprise of 03.

The TRU near me has dried up since the holidays, but I noticed that they were doing inventory the last time I was in. Target is always a bit random, with a few new things hitting the pegs every week or so. Between a local shop that seems to get fresh cases in pretty often and early (they charge a little more though) and my local Target(s), I've managed to find what I want.

I don't mind waiting 'til things show up. It's not a race.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    That's funny cuz I found all of the last Saga wave at Toys R Us last week and also the latest 2 waves of Titanium ships (Crimson Guard Tie, Invisible Hand, Queen's Skiff, etc). I must have dropped over 2 Benjamins on new Hasbro Star Wars toys this month alone. More than I did before X-mas.
    My theory is that goes to prove how inept TRU is that they are so late in shelving December product.

New product during Jan/Feb/Mar always is the most frustrating for me because the odds of it actually being findable are very very poor, something new comes out but the stores don't want to put stuff out, they do so very lightly and it's hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    No wave 9 here yet either. JT, I hope this isnt a reprise of the great drought of 03.
    Not likely because this time Hasbro's actually changing the name of the line and that resonates with retailers, they like to get together and share the communal lie that this is all somehow "new" product that way, and if it's new they'll take more of a chance that customers will be more drawn to buying it. MAN I hope this won't be like '03!!! You and Figgy are making me nervous, I have Titaniums to find and there are 3 waves out now that are not going to get much refreshing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well here's hoping that the drought will end and we will soon see pges of new product including both wave 8 and 9. as far as walmart i think the only figures that will be hard to find will be the R2 unit and Aurra, the rest will pegwarm. as far as seeing the last waves again, don't be surprised if Hasbro decides to release these on new cards similiar to the end of the first Saga sets with the Han AT-ST, Madine and Calrissian.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hey, if anyone needs Jerjerrod or Lushros, I can help out.

For any other character, you're on your own.
    Tommy, close your eyes.