Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Should chewing gum be included as a future pack-in with Star Wars figures?

Remember when baseball cards used to come with a stick of gum? They always used to smell so good, too. I remember I used to take cards out of my albums and sniff them sometimes, to refesh that experience. I occasionally increased my fiber intake by eating a few cards that weren't that valuable.

Well, Hasbro has placed pack-ins with our Star Wars figures since 1998: Freeze-Frames, Flashback cards, CommTech chips, Force-Files, Blast Effects, Action Figure Stands, Holograms. Why not chewing gum? Those that open their figures would get more enjoyment out of that, I think.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I thought the guns in the first sets of POTFII figs were made of gum but they had to stop it after too many folks complained
    :mebs: Isobaws&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Keeping the issue of young children then associating the small parts in their toys with food aside, that gum was disgusting. And, if it came in different flavors then you know some idiot would want to collect every variant: "I'll trade you a Darth Maul watermlon for a Obi wan Spearmint." MOC collectors would have a fit too when they suddenly get mice and rats chewing through their collections. Unfortunately, we'll probably see Hasbro do just that in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Keeping the issue of young children then associating the small parts in their toys with food aside, that gum was disgusting. And, if it came in different flavors then you know some idiot would want to collect every variant: "I'll trade you a Darth Maul watermlon for a Obi wan Spearmint." MOC collectors would have a fit too when they suddenly get mice and rats chewing through their collections. Unfortunately, we'll probably see Hasbro do just that in 2008.

Ohh that sounds like a trade, yet I only want the grape flavor variants.

I think that Hasbro should simply stick with a concept such as the holo's stands, or coins. as far as variants, they hold little love from me. unless they truely are variants, ie Clone Pilot or Clone Commander, then I pass.
    I really would love to see Hasbro make some of the themed display stands again, those things were awesome and gave a new added play value.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I say they shouldn't include pack-ins at all and knock the price down a few bucks.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I disagree, GG. I've gotten hours of fun from my freeze frames, mini holograms, and commtech chips.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No gum in figures, the powdery substance will ruin the figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've read in a while.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Tycho, Tycho, Tycho, you and your olfactory senses just can't be satisifed....

I think it would be an extremely BAD idea to include gum.

The notion of any food with toys just isn't a good thing. Knwong that many collectos will "store" these things away for months and years at a stretch makes this argument moot. I certainly wouldnt' want to open up a tub of stuff to find it littered with roaches or rats (dead or alive) because they were after the chewing gum in my figure package.

Go back to sniffing mouse droids my friend. We are all a lot safer that way...heh.
    Move along, move along

I want Hasbro to include a playset or vehicle with every figure.