Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Someone had too little sleep when they wrote the Invisible Hand's description...

Ok, does the following description on the back of the General Grievous' Invisible Hand 3" Titanium crack anyone else up as much as it cracked me up?

Read:

"In the crowded, burning skies above Coruscant, the Invisible Hand- flagship of the Separatist Fleet- hovers at the center of the battle. From her titanic hangar bay flood dozens of Droid Tri-Fighters, while hundreds of Vulture Droids cling to the outer hull, waiting the moment to launch into combat. Her batteries spew hot death at closing Republic Star Destroyers, and around her glows the plasma residue of proton torpedo exhaust. Within, two of the greatest Jedi of the Republic fight for their lives and that of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine against the dread evil of Count Dooku and General Grievous."

Too danged funny! Now imagine it read in a BAD movie announcer's voice and try NOT to laugh- you can't!

Who the hec thought of "Her batteries spew hot death" ? ? ? ? HAHAHAHAHAH! They needed some serious sleep, IMHO

I mean "Spew hot death?" Couldn't they have thought of something better?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I mean "Spew hot death?" Couldn't they have thought of something better?
    Actually I like it!

well, i wish i could find an Invisible Hand and read it for myself. it's right up there with the write up for the Target exclusive rehash unleashed Fett.

I noticed that too WS and thought it seemed weird and out of place.

I however did a get a chuckle when I read it how you said.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's against the law in West Virginia and Arkansas to spew hot death.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ten commandment #12:
    "Thou shallt not spew hot death with thy batteries"

"Batteries spewed hot death." Wasn't that a headline about notebook computers recently?

Here's one spewing hot death right now! http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/...t_2007/12.html

Hasbro has some copy writers that are just awful, in the one you copied they changed tenses twice and were goofy and sloppy. If you look at Transformers bios, you'll begin to see this sort of thing a LOT.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Perhaps it was the same copy writer who wrote this for Unleashed Fett:

Comments: As the hungry Sarlacc holds Boba Fett in its lashing tentacles, you would expect Fett to rage at fate for bringing him to this hideous circumstance. But Fett never allows himself a second of weakness or self-pity. From the moment he witnessed the brutal death of his father in the first battle of the Clone Wars, Boba Fett has dealt with the injustices and vagaries of life in a cold, calculating manner. Encased in armor and hidden behind a battle helmet, Fett has cut himself off from the universe, protecting himself from the dangers of his work as a bounty hunter, and also, perhaps, from the pain of loving and losing anyone else dear to him. Even as he struggles within the deadly Pit of Carkoon, Boba Fett exemplifies a harsh enforcer of his own code of honor and justice. He is armed not only with powerful weapons but also with the superb survival and martial arts skills taught to him by his father. If it could be possible for anyone to emerge alive from the carnivorous maw of the Saracc, that person would be Boba Fett.