Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CIA Homepage for Kids

https://www.cia.gov/cia/ciakids/index.shtml

I am not fooling! This is absolutely real, apparently Clinton in '97 requested federal government agencies expand internet-based educational access to kids, parents, and teachers. The site's a little old-school and certainly doesn't look like what one would expect from the CIA website, but I find it fascinating that it exists at all.

The page for the CIA seal is pretty funny, they animated the eagle so that he's winking!!! https://www.cia.gov/cia/ciakids/seal..._the_seal.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Great. I clicked the link and now I'm back on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So did you find this while working on a school project there JT?
    If JT responds that he found it while researching an extra credit project for his Spanish teacher, I am leaving and never posting here again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not a bad page actually. I blundered across myself a few years back, while considering aapplying for a job with the CIA. (Stiictly office and low level mind you, as I am diabetic, and field work would be a bad idea.) Then, I read Robert Baer's "See No Evil", and thought better of it.

I like the CIA site. the way they describe the UK like a commodity is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So did you find this while working on a school project there JT?
    Actually, I was looking on their site to see if they had their TV ads online, I wanted to show someone the one they've been running on Comedy Central during The Daily Show. They didn't have 'em that I could find, but when I saw the CIA Kids link I got totally distracted by the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Great. I clicked the link and now I'm back on the grid.
    You're on the internet, that's the grid, look at the name! "inter" "net" "web"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am having trouble finding the links to "how to overrun third world banana republics and install puppet dictators who will rape the people and resources of your country for the benefit of the U.S," and "fun with international espionage."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

they don't even have tips on how to bug a room correctly. how lame is that?

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    they don't even have tips on how to bug a room correctly. how lame is that?

I know, what gives?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.