Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite superheroes - rank 'em!

Five favorites, any medium, go!

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Green Lantern
    4. Flash
    5. Greatest American Hero (yep, loved it as a kid, still do)

It will be interesting to me to see if people's loyalties lie with D.C., Marvel, or a mix.

1. Superman
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

1. Spider-Man
    2. Batman
    3. Wolverine
    4. Superman
    5. The Punisher
    6. The Incredible Hulk
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

1. punisher - you can argue all you want whether he's a superhero i don't care - he's tops on my list.

2. batman
    3. snake eyes - again not a superhero in the truest sense of the word, but he makes the list.

4. joker - supervillian rather than hero, my fave of batman's foes.
    5. swamp thing

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    1. punisher - you can argue all you want whether he's a superhero i don't care - he's tops on my list.
    You're preachin' to the choir here brutha. Amen!

1. Punisher - No superpowers and he gets the job done and usually makes sure the bad guys stay down. Garth Ennis has redefined the character like Frank Miller did with Batman.
    2. Batman - Like Punisher, no superpowers and he gets the job done. His methods are different.
    3. Spider-man - One of the first to show that super powers don't equal a super life.
    4. Daredevil - Only recently become a fan of DD (since Brubaker took over). I used to only read DD when he faced Punisher (alwyas a great battle).
    5. Wolverine - As fanboyish as he is, he's still pretty darn awesome, bub.
    6. Gambit - Suave and cool, he used to be #1, but I haven't read a comic with him in years and from what I read online about whats happened to him over the last few years, I'm glad.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

A top five list? Hmm... half as good as a top ten, but 40% better than a top three. It'll do.

1) Spiderman (the "thwpt" sound effect is the tops, even better than #3's sound; he was a nerdy smart awkward guy who just wanted to help... like I was/am).
    2) Batman (I could care less about his utility belt, he was just smooth and cool).
    3) Wolverine (his "snkt" comes in second, but that berzerker rage was awesome [see the W & Kitty Pride series for a visual] and I still hold my clenched fists as if claws would come out).
    4) Raphael (sure, the TMNTs were about the same, but he was more cool than the others to me)
    5) Superman (as a young lad, he was one of the best, even though I've changed my view as I've aged)

6) ROM: Spaceknight (honorable mention, kind of like a robot or ronin samurai)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Favorite heroes, eh? Not an easy one.

1. Spider-Man - the purest Marvel hero: downtrodden, painfully normal, unbelievably brave.

2. Wolverine - though I'm completely apalled with the way he's overused these days.

3. Hulk - I love the different ways people have used him over the years, but the "Hulk Smash!" version is my favorite.

4. Batman - 2nd best set of villains (Spidey's are better), another character for which a very full range stories have been told.

5. Storm - I'll throw an odd one into the bucket here. Regal, proud, yet amazingly human. I love Ororo's character design, her origin, her powers.

Honourable mentions go to Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler and Rogue (basically the rest of the X-Men team that got me so interested in comics).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    2. Wolverine - though I'm completely apalled with the way he's overused these days.
    Lately? I think it was worse in the 90's when he appeared in every other comic.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Any version of Superman done by Alex Ross: he puts the man back in super-man...

Frank Miller's Batman Dark Night: the best rational for why Batman is who he is and the price our society would pay for it....

Linda Carter as Wonder Woman: the comics are painfully funny and she's the most peculiar hero, but Linda Carter put the wonder and woman back in wonder-woman....

Spiderman, basically all mediums, especially toys!!!

Batman animated series: man those were the days when animation still made a difference....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Why only 5?
    1. Spider-Man
    2. Batman
    3. Superman
    4. The Flash
    5. Captain America

This is the list I did earlier in the week:
    top tier
    - Spider-Man
    - Batman
    - Superman

second tier
    - - - Captain America
    - - - The Flash
    - - - The Shadow

third tier
    - - - - - Cyclops
    - - - - - Wolverine
    - - - - - Iron Man
    - - - - - Robin (Tim Drake)
    - - - - - Robin/Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
    - - - - - Wonder Woman
    - - - - - Iceman
    Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    5. Storm - I'll throw an odd one into the bucket here. Regal, proud, yet amazingly human. I love Ororo's character design, her origin, her powers.

Honourable mentions go to Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler and Rogue (basically the rest of the X-Men team that got me so interested in comics).
    Storm almost made my 3rd tier list, but Halle Berry's meak interpretation all but ruined the character for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Any version of Superman done by Alex Ross: he puts the man back in super-man...
    Yeah, the fat man! His interpretation of Supes is too pudgy for my tastes, looks like his heart is pumping pure cholesterol instead of blood, like he's eaten a LOT of steaks. Check out this wild sculpture though: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/imag...equin1-tb.html
    Whoever "Mike" is, he NAILED it, it's eerie.

Linda Carter as Wonder Woman: the comics are painfully funny and she's the most peculiar hero, but Linda Carter put the wonder and woman back in wonder-woman....
    You do realize that her bust and hips in the outfit are like 80% padding, right? Linda Carter was and is one of the skinniest women in Hollywood without looking sunken in.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.