Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    What ? What's wrong with Falco. Love that song. actually have it on a CD in my car as we speak.
    Nothing. I was just quoting the exchange between Jimmy Pop and DJ Q-Ball from the Bloodhound Gang song "Mope":

"We gonna drop this next bomb for a money makin' playa that ain't with us no mo."
    "Yeah, Notorious B.I.G."
    "Hell no, we gonna do this for a gangbanging thug that never seen it comin'."
    "Yeah, Tupac Shakur."
    "Nah b***h, I'm talkin' 'bout motherf***in' Falco and s**t."
    "What? Falco?"
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    FALCO?!

Letters to Cleo
    Song: "Here and Now"
    Album: "Aurora Gory Alice"

As for listing another song by them, I could go on for days since they continue to be a favorite of mine. And Kay Hanley is smokin'.
    I actually thoght of LTC after I posted mine and kicked myself for it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What ? What's wrong with Falco. Love that song. actually have it on a CD in my car as we speak.
    Falco had a follow-up top 40 hit called "Vienna Calling". Not an official 1-hit wonder!!!

My Fave:

"I Wanna Be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Falco had a follow-up top 40 hit called "Vienna Calling". Not an official 1-hit wonder!!!

My Fave:

"I Wanna Be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry.
    According to VH 1 Falco was listed as a one hit wonder since the follow-up tune was in the bottom of the top 40 and died shortly afterward in a car crash. he was also reponsible for the song "Der Kommisar".
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Derringer "Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo"

And I know it's against the rules but I can't recall the name of the album (was it the same as the song?? I own a beat-up copy on vinyl that I bought for the cover, but it's in the basement and I ain't going down there for Derringer)
    :ducks: Isobaws&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

My serious answer:

"Come On, Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runner. Sean McLeod O'Doogan's favorite song to listen to while having a pint of Guinness with Seamus O'Doyle.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I've been listening to "Lovefool" by The Cardigans a lot lately (from the album First Band on the Moon, an album that had a bizzare, yet cool, cover of "Iron Man"). I've always liked the song for some reason. I should go look for that album...
    Pretty funny seeing Jim sing it on the Office the other night.
    I have that album, but I like the album after that much better - Gran Turismo.

FALCO?!

Letters to Cleo
    Song: "Here and Now"
    Album: "Aurora Gory Alice"

As for listing another song by them, I could go on for days since they continue to be a favorite of mine. And Kay Hanley is smokin'.
    Agreed. I have their first three albums. Just noticed now that they had a 4th album that I didn't know about. She married a member of the band, according to allmusic.com.

According to VH 1 Falco was listed as a one hit wonder since the follow-up tune was in the bottom of the top 40 and died shortly afterward in a car crash. he was also reponsible for the song "Der Kommisar".
    Yes, but After The Fire was the band that had the big hit with it. There's a definite One Hit Wonder there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    The Tubes: She's a Beauty
    The Tubes had a bit of a cult following for a while before that album. I also remember the song "Talk To You Later". "She's A Beauty" brings back memories of the summer of 1983.

One of my favorite one hit wonders is "Driver's Seat" by Sniff 'n' the Tears. I had to look up the album title though - Fickle Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Agreed. I have their first three albums. Just noticed now that they had a 4th album that I didn't know about.
    I believe its called "Sister", right? I wasn't too terribly impressed with what I heard of it so I never bought it. After "Go!", though, anything would sound like carp. That's gotta be one of my top 5 albums of all time.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I believe its called "Sister", right? I wasn't too terribly impressed with what I heard of it so I never bought it. After "Go!", though, anything would sound like carp. That's gotta be one of my top 5 albums of all time.
    After getting "Go" the other day, and listening to it numerous times, I think I have to agree that it is indeed awesome. I just wish I had bought it 10 years ago...

Sister was actually their first album, and later re-released with extra songs. I haven't listened to it in ages, but I was also unimpressed by it.

Their cover of "I Want You TO Want Me" is one of my absolute favorite covers.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!