Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had a dream where I lived in a mostly empty house

In my dream, I was inviting over my junior high school girlfriend. We hadn't exactly hooked up yet, but I walked her home from school to my place and started holding her hand.

I brought her to a very sterile house I'd never seen before, but apparently I lived there - with my parents - or at least my father. But he was no where to be seen in my dream.

Inside the house I was sort of embarassed to show my "girlfriend," because we had barely any furniture. Upstairs, there appeared to be only 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The bedrooms belonged to me and my father.

In the closets were a lot of nice clothes we'd obviously spent money on, but there were no pictures on the walls.

I had a computer in my room, with a chair at the desk. And my own bed was neatly made, as was my father's, but there was barely any indication that anyone lived there.

Everything was white and sterile-clean.

There wasn't much more to the dream, except that my girlfriend layed down in my bed and looked very content. She was demonstrating that she loved me for who I was, and not the materialistic stuff I could accumulate.

Pretty different from how life's turned out, especially with thousands of Star Wars items I've collected and "decorate" with.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I had a dream that I was behind the walls of your sterile house, and I had a camera and was filming you and this girl. When you left, I sold the film to Stilla who shopped it around to different studios.

I wish I could remember more of my dreams.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Was the film any good? I had nothing beyond what would be PG-rated in my dream unfortunately - though it was implied I'd be having more.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, sometimes you scare the hell out of me.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I just had a thought: maybe I wasn't myself in my dream, but rather a Clone!

I was re-living what I thought was my life, but it was actually the life of the real me, or the guy who had been me. And things were so sterile, because there wasn't enough detail about my home life to extrapolate more on. Instead my clone was outfitted only with what was necessary to project the image of me living my life as it had been lived so far as the outside world could see.

So this Clone of me was struggling to re-establish an independent existence.

Hmmm. I sense a story idea starting to form. It's been done before - one of the best times on Deep Space Nine when Chief O'Brien woke up only to find out that he was not actually Chief O'Brien. That was a good show in spite of my liking the war stories and such more for that series.

It's an interesting idea to explore, nonetheless.

Freud-Cam Jos (or Bel-Cam Jung) here to Tychoanalyze your dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    In my dream, I was inviting over my junior high school girlfriend. We hadn't exactly hooked up yet, but I walked her home from school to my place and started holding her hand.
    Stress over guilt at cheating on middle school work, and/or unresolved crushes. Holding hands: pain of loss or commitment issues with family members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I brought her to a very sterile house I'd never seen before, but apparently I lived there - with my parents - or at least my father. But he was no where to be seen in my dream.
    Sterility suggests obsessive compulsive disorder or anal-retentive tendencies. Fear of acceptance by male parent combined with agoraphobia (fear of open spaces).

Inside the house I was sort of embarassed to show my "girlfriend," because we had barely any furniture. Upstairs, there appeared to be only 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The bedrooms belonged to me and my father.
    No furniture: lack of stable work career. Bedroom and bathroom symbolize difficulties with letting go of emotional baggage.

In the closets were a lot of nice clothes we'd obviously spent money on, but there were no pictures on the walls.
    Fixation on clothing connotes a desire to impersonate others, non-celebrities, due to the lack of pictures. Walls are defense mechanisms against social mores and taboos.

I had a computer in my room, with a chair at the desk. And my own bed was neatly made, as was my father's, but there was barely any indication that anyone lived there.
    Neatly-made bed: anger towards those who attempt to ease pain or terraform desert lands.

Everything was white and sterile-clean.
    See above, and/or below.

There wasn't much more to the dream, except that my girlfriend layed down in my bed and looked very content. She was demonstrating that she loved me for who I was, and not the materialistic stuff I could accumulate.
    Lack of material goods: wish to join a commune or excessively recycle. Looks of contentment are obvious signs of discontentment.

Pretty different from how life's turned out, especially with thousands of Star Wars items I've collected and "decorate" with.
    Star Wars imagery is symptomatic of entering caves, severing limbs, swimming in lava, or hanging upside down.

Amount of time taken to type: 12 minutes, at rate of $250 per hour. Please send payment to B-CJ, c/o SSG. Not responsible for truth in analysis, nor liable for coincidences in details. Not valid in Tennessee or Belgium.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

LOL Bel-Cam Jos. But surprisingly accurate.

Stress over guilt at cheating on middle school work, and/or unresolved crushes. Holding hands: pain of loss or commitment issues with family members.

Sterility suggests obsessive compulsive disorder or anal-retentive tendencies. Fear of acceptance by male parent combined with agoraphobia (fear of open spaces).

No furniture: lack of stable work career. Bedroom and bathroom symbolize difficulties with letting go of emotional baggage.

Fixation on clothing connotes a desire to impersonate others, non-celebrities, due to the lack of pictures. Walls are defense mechanisms against social mores and taboos. - NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE BEING APPLICABLE.

Neatly-made bed: anger towards those who attempt to ease pain or terraform desert lands. - UMMM - THE 2ND PART HAS TO BE A JOKE RIGHT? LAS VEGAS DOESN'T OFFEND ME - hmmm, but the President's plan for Iraq does....

Lack of material goods: wish to join a commune or excessively recycle. Looks of contentment are obvious signs of discontentment. - POSSIBLE - I COULD RECYCLE A LOT OF NEWSPAPERS THAT I CURRENTLY THROW OUT BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER CONVENIENT LIKE IT WAS AT MY OLD PLACE. I WILL ENDEAVOR TO MAKE A BETTER EFFORT. I'M DISCONTENT SOMETIMES. I'LL GO WITH THAT.

Star Wars imagery is symptomatic of entering caves, severing limbs, swimming in lava, or hanging upside down. I'M WRITING A STORY THAT HAS MY CHARACTERS ENTER A LOT OF CAVES....

I just had a thought: maybe I wasn't myself in my dream, but rather a Clone!
    Was it a clone like Han Solo's a clone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Was it a clone like Han Solo's a clone?
    Yeah. It probably was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Was the film any good? I had nothing beyond what would be PG-rated in my dream unfortunately - though it was implied I'd be having more.

Nope, but then I've seen some pretty cheesy romance films out there. Were you bald like the characters in THX 1138?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!