Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I'm already planning to buy more figures this year than last year

I just looked over JediMasterSal's list confirmed product list for 2007 and there are already 26 figures listed as coming for sure.

While I don't plan to buy each individual one, I do intend to get 33 figures from the ones that are confirmed and listed. To me it's a good indicator that Hasbro is doing something right when I want to buy more figures than they are individually marketing (even if I don't want them all). So it looks like there will be something for me to be happy about. See : Happy! Happy!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

as I want to be a completist (at least have 1 figure each loose) there are alot of figures for me this year. also I have crossed over into the army building aspect of the hobby. while not as large as some people on this site, my troop building is limited to only 5 - 10 clones / stormies and officers if they are different. so this year so far looks to be $$$$.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Me, too, but mainly because OT features heavily in the new line-up. Also, a lot of the figures are flat out new (Helrot), significantly improved retools (Luke), OT troopers, or flat out supersweet EU, even though I usually hate EU (McQuarrie Fett).

If only they would drop the price to around $5.50, I would go pretty deep into this line. As of now, I see 10-15 30th figures, and about half the "Greatest Hits" figures.

heh, now think if that list that's been circulating is true as well....Man, it's going to be one hellafied expensive year!!!

I suppose we should start budgeting right now... (Like some of us did last year.)

Crap, I had hoped to trim my buying from $6K of last year down to $4k at least. Looks like that's not going to happen. In fact, it looks like it might be closer to $7K worth of stuff...Damn (In a good way, heh heh.)
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Me, too, but mainly because OT features heavily in the new line-up. Also, a lot of the figures are flat out new (Helrot), significantly improved retools (Luke), OT troopers, or flat out supersweet EU, even though I usually hate EU (McQuarrie Fett).

If only they would drop the price to around $5.50, I would go pretty deep into this line. As of now, I see 10-15 30th figures, and about half the "Greatest Hits" figures.
    Same here, except I won't get the EU or Concept figures. There are several figures I plan on getting from the Legends line, most of which were pack-ins or VOTC I skipped the first time around. Just counting the first 4 waves, VTAC, and the Legends lineup, I plan on getting about 20 figures plus the Tantive IV battlepack.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Blog Entries
    OK:

Concept Figures - no - except the Chewie figure might be useable as another random background alien. (it does not look like a Wookiee - and I can't recall if I saw a figure, or a design picture).

EU figures - most of the characters from comics, but not Marvel repaints of OT characters like blue Darth Vaders.

Resculpts - while I swore I'd never buy another Vader or Luke Tatooine, Hasbro's actually managed to tempt me! I will try again to resist when I encounter these in the store (Vader over Obi-Wan's cloak, Twin Sunset Luke) but I doubt I can help breaking down and buying these. Grrrr.

So - 33 figures so far:

4 Galactic Marines
    1 R2-D2
    2 Lava Miners
    2 Airborne Troopers
    1 Super Battle Droid (possibly 2, but unlikely)
    6 Death Star Troopers
    2 Rebel Honor Guards (I don't need these, but...)
    1 Biggs Academy
    3 Elris Helrots
    1 Jawa and LIN Droid
    1 Vader on Obi-Wan's robe
    1 Twin Sunset Luke Tatooine (....must...resist...temptation)
    5 CZ-3s
    1 Umpass Stay
    2 Luke Jedi Knights (pending)
    -----------------------------
    33 figure purchase plans so far. 26 different kinds were offered so far. I'm interested in 15 of the different ones.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So far here's what I want to get:

4 Galactic Marines
    1 Mace Windu
    2 Concept Fett’s
    2 Airborne Troopers
    1 Super Battle Droid
    2 to 4 Death Star Troopers
    2 Rebel Honor Guards
    2 Biggs Academy
    1 Elris Helrots
    1 Jawa and LIN Droid
    1 CZ-3s
    1 Umpass Stay
    1 Luke Jedi Knight (Possibly)
    1 Luke Concept
    1 Vader Concept (Possibly 2)
    10 (heck, probably all the concepts & few EU characters)

If true: 1 of each

MOMAW NADON JEDI
    KOTOR DARTH MALAK
    PRE-CYBORG GRIEVOUS
    DARTH RAVEN
    HAN SOLO W/ TORTURE RACK
    LANDO IN SMUGGLER OUTFIT
    A-WING PILOT
    PADME W/BLK LTHR OUTFIT
    JANGO FETT W/ PONCHO
    WOLFMAN JEDI GEONOSIS
    DESTROYER DROID W/SHIELD

2 Packs
    All of Wave 2 & Possibly 3
    Vintage (all 1 time)
    Vehicles (Sith Infiltrator) (Possibly one or two others)

That's quite enough for now.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I'm going to be cautious and wait until i see pictures added to archives of opened product before i decide whether to buy anything or not. Money is too scarce a commodity these days to be frivolous and just buy a bunch of stuff without checking out quality and so on.

and then, then i'll wait and buy everything loose from Ebay and save money.

My girlfriend is moving in, I'm getting a rock.
    2015 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker, JediTricks, Tycho, El Chuxter, and Darth Jax!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!