Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

This one, with Maggie and Homer, was actually kind of sweet. Moe's normal self-loathing turned into genuine pity and sympathy, I think. I'm glad they didn't use a guest star for Moe's love interest (made it seem less gimmicky).

p.s. Homer's beer can in the cough gag was uncomfortably placed.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I knew I had heard a commercial about whose voice would be featured, but I was stumped on Anne Hatheway until I read the closing credits. Bart gets a girlfriend has been done before, but this one was an alright episode.

Taco Wednesday...

Any show that bashes cell phones is alright with me! Bart is visited by three (or was it just two?) ghosts... but stays away from Jennifer Garner and Matthew McConouGeeI'mInEveryMovieNow. I'll have to check out what's on the updated billboard in the new opening, too (Skinner does lawns too, I think?)

Not a bad one, this week it was.

I really liked this'n. The move-to-another-town storyline's old, of course, but it worked this time. Homer's apartment was funny, so was No Country For Old Inspectors. Alaska Nebraska actually sounds better than the "real" star's stage name, to me (I was wondering if MC/HM was the voice, but alas, no).

Since I got a TV tuner for my notebook, I've been watching & recording Simpsons and Family Guy these past three weeks.

I like the new animated intro for the Simpsons, it's long overdue. Missed last week's intro though.

I loved the joke about the three Caitlyns - "I'm Caitlyn with a "C," this is Kaitlyn with a "K," and this is Cate Lynn, two words." Anyone that's stepped foot in a classroom lately has experienced this first hand.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

For me, with my students over the years, it's been Brittney/Britni/Britteney/Brittany/???.

The Simpsons always does a good job with cartoon-ing up classic stories and novels. I liked the Macbeth one the least, but Snow White and E-Liz the 1st were chuckle-worthy.

That was quite possibly the best couch gag they've ever done. Not really funny, but a good nod (maybe even a tad presumptuous on the writers' part). The story was a common news headline, but adding in the Grapes of Wrath aspect was a nice touch.

I saw a rerun this week, the one where Moe manages Homer as a boxer. When Homer wins and he moves up the list of ranked boxers, the board with all the names has a label, for the Springfield boxing association, as "A**BOX," but with SS, not the **. Never noticed that before.

My all-time favorite site gag is one you can easily miss because it wasn't a "hey, look at me!" gag. In the episode where Homer took over coaching Bart's football team, Rod and Todd Flander's jersey numbers were 66 & 6.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I saw a rerun this week, the one where Moe manages Homer as a boxer. When Homer wins and he moves up the list of ranked boxers, the board with all the names has a label, for the Springfield boxing association, as "A**BOX," but with SS, not the **. Never noticed that before.
    I have not seen that one

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    My all-time favorite site gag is one you can easily miss because it wasn't a "hey, look at me!" gag. In the episode where Homer took over coaching Bart's football team, Rod and Todd Flander's jersey numbers were 66 & 6.
    This one kills me everytime I see it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten