Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Dammit, I missed the Treehouse of Horror special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Dammit, I missed the Treehouse of Horror special!!!
    And I would say you didn't miss anything.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Seconded. Though it looked to be regaining steam, it might be time once again to start saying this show needs to be canceled.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't think it needs to be canceled, it's still better than most of the crap on TV today. It's just not very good so far this year. I'm curious if they were rushed to start the season. The past couple of seasons, they didn't start until after the World Series. I can't remember the last time the Treehouse of Horror was in October. Not that it's a good excuse, but these episode have been historically bad. Even Treehouse XX. Especially coming of last years revival season.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The past couple of seasons, they didn't start until after the World Series. I can't remember the last time the Treehouse of Horror was in October.
    Precisely why I missed it! I don't watch Fox as much as I used to, but I don't remember it being plugged during the shows that I do watch. Maybe I missed it when I zipped through the commercials.

IMO, the Simpsons runs hot and cold. For every good episode, there's two or three (or more) so-so eps.

The Treehouse of Horror specials have ran more toward the cold side the last few years. One or two funny segments stand out, but the rest are pretty forgettable.

I thought it was alright. If I had more time, I'd post more detailed reasons why.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Stop the Simpsons. Cancel it now.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Strangely enough, they're releasing the current season on DVD in January.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Current season, as in 2009-10? Odd.

The Marge Poses In a calendar and Homer Steals the Script to Devil Wears Prada episode was a little blah for me.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Current season, as in 2009-10? Odd.
    Nope, its not the current season. Its Season 20 (2008-09), aka last season, that is coming out on DVD in January for the 20th Anniversary. I think its also getting a blu-Ray release as well.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection