Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

I could not get into that episode at all. They lost me at the Comic Book Guy song.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

This season is turning out to be pretty good, with some decent to great storylines. Oogle Glasses, heh heh: all the characters' info sidebars were pretty funny, and I liked how the Nelson/Valentine side story turned out. Even the FOX football analysts intro was enjoyable.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Can't believe I forgot about this weekend's new episode: the return of Sideshow Bob (somehow, they put seemingly EVERY gag associated with his appearances over the years; like rakes to the face, a dam, singing show tunes, getting shocked, shoe tips burning, etc.). Wait until the very end for a nice touch with Ned.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I thought that was indeed a nice and fitting touch with Ned and Edna.

Although I was surprised it came this early since I thought that I read she had her lines recorded for at least a season in advanced.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Bart and the bullies was a somewhat different take on previous stories, but the Warriors parodies were funny. If I watched Downton Abbey, I think the "Itchy & Scratchy" would've been funnier. Homer becoming old was an okay secondary plotline.

Yeah it was an ok episode but nothing groundbreaking or all that funny for that matter.

The May 4th episode will be done entirely with Legos.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

A different take on the behind-the-couch-sailboat-painting. The "documentary" at the end was odd (which was, I guess, instead of the omitted couch gag at the beginning).

Ugh, last night's episode had a very Lisa feel to it, preachy and dull. Max von Sydow was really good and I'm glad they gave him a character that wasn't his normal dark persona, but the rest of the episode was extremely lackluster.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought the front closet was full of sailboat paintings...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-