Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    The local Fox affiliate has been off the air for several weeks so the Mother's Day ep was the first I've seen in awhile. I was wondering if someone else did Mona's voice but I guess it was Glenn Close. She just sounded different than last time.

The evolution couch gag has aired before but it's so nicely done I don't mind seeing it again.
    Yeah, I've seen the Evol Intro, too. I always like the long ones (part of universe on Homer's head, variety show).

I also thought it wasn't Ms. Close (although I blanked out and thought the voice was Meryl Streep) doing her voice at first listen. So, is she "really" killed off now?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yep, I think she's officially dead. Add Mona Simpson to the hallowed register of dead Springfieldians:

Maude Flanders - voice actress left the show
    Bleeding Gums Murphy - Lisa's mentor and possible half brother of Dr. Hibbert
    Frank "Grimey" Grimes - Homer's nemesis
    Dr. Marvin Monroe - Harry Shearer had problems doing his voice
    Beatrice - wealthy elderly friend of Grandpa

Like Maude Flanders, Mona could return in a Treehouse of Horror episode as they tend to ignore continuity.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Yep, I think she's officially dead. Add Mona Simpson to the hallowed register of dead Springfieldians:

Maude Flanders - voice actress left the show
    Bleeding Gums Murphy - Lisa's mentor and possible half brother of Dr. Hibbert
    Frank "Grimey" Grimes - Homer's nemesis
    Dr. Marvin Monroe - Harry Shearer had problems doing his voice
    Beatrice - wealthy elderly friend of Grandpa
    Don't forget Great Aunt Gladis, Snowball I, Snowball II (the original, not Snowball II (aka Snowball V)), Snowball III, and Coltrain (aka Snowball IV).

Can we officially rule Dr. Marvin Monroe as being dead though? Mona Simpson was also thought to have been dead in both her previous appearances too until her death was shown to have been faked in both episodes.

The only possible references to Marvin Monroe's so called "death" was marked by the appearance of the Marvin Monroe Memorial Hospital in the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" episodes and a tombstone in the episode "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily."

However in a later 2004 episode, "Diatribe of a Mad Housewife," Dr. Marvin Monroe appears briefly, saying he's been sick when Marge asks where he's been. It was probably just thrown in there for gag purposes alone, but seeing as it wasn't one of those non-canon mini story episodes (like the Treehouse of Horror episodes) and it wasn't some shot from the after-life scenario (like they did with Maude Flanders at least once since her death) it leaves the possibility that he is alive.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Oh yeah, Great Aunt Gladys and her potato chip collection. But we only see her posthumously. The others were established characters, except for Grimey. I can't keep track of all the dead pet cats.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Wasn't Gil shot? That might make it hard for him to live, I'd think. While Troy McClure isn't officially dead, I might remember him from such sections of the newspaper as Obituaries, Lost and Found, and Noted Character Actor Tragically Killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Wasn't Gil shot? That might make it hard for him to live, I'd think. While Troy McClure isn't officially dead, I might remember him from such sections of the newspaper as Obituaries, Lost and Found, and Noted Character Actor Tragically Killed.
    Gil survived the gun shots. He appeared in a Sideshow Bob episode that aired later from the gun incident. If you mention Troy McClure in the technically dead, but not officially announced dead category you pretty much have to include Lyonel Huts as well. Speaking of which, did we ever get confirmation that Dr. Nick is dead? I don't think we have seen him on the show since his little bubble dome boo boo from the movie.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 05-14-2008 at 11:27 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

How about Lunch Lady Doris? The actress who voiced her died.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

BTW, the Universal Studios Simpsons Ride opens this coming week, and I plan to be there on Friday. Woo hoo! Maybe catch another viewing of Indy IV at City Walk, too. Four-day weekends rule!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How about Lunch Lady Doris? The actress who voiced her died.
    The producers retired the character for several years after her voice actress passed away, but she's back again. I think Tress MacNeille does her voice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    BTW, the Universal Studios Simpsons Ride opens this coming week, and I plan to be there on Friday. Woo hoo! Maybe catch another viewing of Indy IV at City Walk, too. Four-day weekends rule!
    I did two of those things: IJ was an EXPENSIVE (stupid, naive Bel-Cam to think that the LA area would be reasonable in its entertainment pricing ) viewing, followed by dinner at Bubba Gump's (I miss Gladstones ) and a stroll along City Walk.

Plus, I did go to Univ. Studios. In the rain. The pouring rain (stupid, naive Bel-Cam to think that the LA area weather reports of thundershowers would not affect outdoor theme parks ). But The Simpsons Ride is indoors, the line was long (not due to fan interest, there was some problem that kept the line motionless for at least 15-20 minutes). They had TV monitors (some with close captioning, which was hilarious to try and get the characters' words typed :incoherentmumbling: ) along the line with clips of the Krustyland and Kamp Krusty episodes, plus new ones of ride-related character comments (Krusty, Frink and Doc Brown, Moe, Homer, Bart & Lisa, Wiggum, et al). The ride itself was basically the old Back to the Future one (it replaced that part of the park). Overall, I'd give it 3 1/2 Squishees out of 5. :thankyoucomeagain: (and with the annual pass, I might do just that)