Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpsons

That couch gag took nearly 2 minutes, at first it was cute but I actually got bored with it. The episode itself was forgettable to the point where I had to look it up just to remember what happened. Plot was hollow and random, jokes were thin and Family Guy-styled, just all around "meh".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the Simpsons are going to be history once the movie is out. the jokes just aren't there and the stories are okay at best. I love the fact that Fox 5 is airing some of the older Simpsons at night.

I give the Simpsons one maybe two more seasons at best before they pull the plug.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I liked the 400th ep ("You Kent Always Say What You Want") and the spoof of 24 ("24 Minutes"), even though I've never watched that show. Good thing though, I don't think I could handle an hour of all that split-screen spy vs. spy crapola. Still, it made me laugh and I'm looking forward to the movie rather than dreading it.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I also liked the fact that there wasn't really much made of it being the 400th in the story itself. I thought it was to be a full hour, not two separate halfs (yeah, I know it should be "halves," but I want to make it "half" and "half," ergo "halfs." The Toronto hockey fans will understand :grammer: ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I hate to admit it, but nowadays I normally tune in for King of the Hill, then leave the room until Family Guy comes on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Simpsons is getting close to SNL syndrom....where funny comes to its necessary close but is denied about 10 years too late....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

This was just 2 new episodes back to back, seems like a bunch of shows did that for the season finales - King of the Hill, Scrubs, George Lopez, and Veronica Mars (on the last 2, surprise, it's your SERIES finale!).

I thought both episodes of The Simpsons were really tepid, the Kent one was such a non-event and then they tried to get preachy political for a second, too little too late. The 24 one felt like they went for the 24 homage rather than a biting parody, and the jokes were mainly watered down for it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't watch George Lopez. That show perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This isn't really about The Simpsons as a TV show, but I heard on a TV news report that the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios closed after today, and that plans are underway to replace it with... a Simpsons ride?!? Whhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhh?!? Sounds interesting.

New episode this past Sunday, I believe (at least I hadn't seen it before). Tried the Infinities or What If? type revisionist story telling. I liked the "mom, why did you stop talking for 2 1/2 minutes?" line, but aside from the '90s details and Weird Al showing up again, overall it was just okay.